Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Long Island City, New York
TransCore, (TRN) a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking three full-time Project/System Engineers to join our team in New York, New York.
Summary: The Project/System Engineers support design deployment, documentation, and maintenance of an integrated sensor platform. Position will include field work such as infrastructure surveys, oversight and evaluation of engineering in critical infrastructure. Position facilitates collaborative design work with local and distant engineering resources as well as multiple firms in a large project environment. Project/System Engineers will evaluate, monitor, and particularly troubleshoot a complex system of software and sensors in a roadside environment with critical geometries. Skills utilized will vary from civil to mechanical to electrical to computer and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supports design via infrastructure surveys, product search, datasheet analysis, and collaboration with sub-contractors
• Documents systems using CAD and MS Office applications, including write-ups, analysis, and design drawings
• Manages and oversees field installations of the sensor network, performs QA functions and testing during install
• Troubleshoots during integration and maintenance, including sensor geometries, thermal issues, power issues, network issues, configuration files, and software / firmware loads
• Improves maintenance options through research of better tools and methods, and analytics of field data
• Supports sales, installation and maintenance; communicates product capabilities / requirements / specifications
• Develops knowledge of product resources and fit to sites (bills of materials, layouts, wire schedules, conduit fill)
• Performs Engineering calculations using Excel, including thermal analysis, power consumptions, network bandwidth, etc.
• Grows as necessary in skills and expertise
• Minimum five years of work experience
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (including via e-mail and phone)
• Aptitude and familiarity with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Excellent organizational skills, including documentation of projects and decisions
• Experience overseeing engineering content during build, ideally in the field
• Experience checking quality of completed engineering content
• Mechanical aptitude
• AutoCAD experience or proficiency
• Basic knowledge of circuits and programming
• Hands-on troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical assemblies, and software/operating system
• Experience with at least two drawing types: mechanical, civil, wiring, and schematics
• Good presentation skills
• Experience troubleshooting signals and power
• Experience with NEMA / IP-rated enclosures in harsh environments
• Experience on large-scale projects with multiple contributing firms
• Design-build experience ideal, especially in operating and maintenance phase
• Familiarity with traffic systems and / or road infrastructure
• Understanding of drafting standards (ANSI/ASME, Civil, or Electronic)
• Experience with configuring software / firmware
• Bachelor's degree preferred