Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Req ID: 63238
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Console Operator to join our team in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina (US-NC), United States (US).
Responsibilities include HPC (NESC), Lotus Notes (Email), WebEOC, FDMS (Federal Docket Management System), Windows, Unix, and VM platforms; assisting user groups such as Data Management, Unix and Windows, with incident reporting and troubleshooting. Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual for Operations. Order supplies for the department, receive and send E-mail to customers as needed, and answer phones.
Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems. Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
Console Operator duties are as follow:
* Provide 24/7 support and assistance in monitoring computer operations platforms for the EPA National Computer Center.
* Assist users/groups such as Storage Management, High-Performance Computing (HPC), Unix, Windows and VM ware with incident reporting and troubleshooting.
* Maintain, update or write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Operations
* Maintain and update Phone directories for operations
* Ordering supplies for the department
* Follow up with customers reported incidents and receive/send emails to customers as needed.
* Provide support for the EPA call center after hours.
* Provide EPA and Prime management with daily datacenter reports.
* Check-in and out visitors to the Computer room with the paper sign-in log.
* Update the visitor logs (escorted and unescorted) online each day from the paper log.
* At the end of each month, print all online visitor logs and add them to that month s paper visitor logs. Then sent email to EPA and CSRA management for them to sign off on the logs.
* Move any tapes for Storage Management and HPC as needed and log all tape movement both on a hard and soft copy.
* Every Thursday eject tape from the silo and get ready for offsite storage.
* Sign for any boxes/equipment that come into the Computer room from EPA and track it.
* Log in to ADFS (Remote Access) on both inside and outside line for access test, twice each shift.
* Checking the functional status of equipment as needed.
* Monitor NCF s related issues after hours.
* Monitor Lanes related issues after hours.
* Respond by sending out Everbridge notifications and resolutions/ Mass Mailers to EPA staff as incidents arise.
Experience performing these activities in support of a federal government agency is highly desirable.
Requires ability to pass a Public Trust suitability determination investigation. Preference will be made to individuals with a current or recent security clearance or Public Trust investigation.
* US Citizenship
* Microsoft Office 365, Excel, and Word
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.