Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Senior Investments Attorney
Reporting to the Investments General Counsel, you will provide legal support to an investments team that manages a nearly $75 billion portfolio, comprising public and private corporate fixed income, structured finance debt securities, commercial mortgage loans, private equity investments and middle market loans.
* Provide legal advice and expertise to Genworth s Investment Team related to investment transactions, including without limitation, primary and secondary market purchases and sales, amendments and waivers, restructurings and other financial transactions.
* Provide legal advice regarding insurance investment regulatory requirements and other compliance matters.
* Assist in developing and implementing new investment strategies and other investment policies.
* Assist in negotiating investment management agreements and significant operational contracts for the investment team (data/service providers, software, etc.)
* JD from an accredited law school; member in good standing of one state bar
* 3-5 years of experience with complex investment transactions and/or other financial transactions
* Experience in a nationally-recognized law firm, insurance company or other financial organization
* Experience managing people and processes to efficiently close transactions
* Demonstrated experience supporting business teams/clients needing specific and general legal advice
* Strong prioritization, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and project management kills
* Demonstrated ability to perform independently in a fast paced environment
* Proven ability to execute against established goals
* Sound judgment with ability to work as both a team member and leader
* Ability to interface with multiple constituencies
* Ability to balance details with strategic priorities
* Experience in negotiating and documenting derivatives transactions, including familiarity with ISDA documentation
* We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
* We work on challenging and rewarding projects
* We give back to the communities where we live
* We offer competitive benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
* 20 days of Choice Time Off your first full year
* 11 Paid Holidays
* 40 hours of volunteer time off
* 401K Account with matching contributions
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
* Paid Family Leave
* Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long-term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
Led by our Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Department manages a consolidated investment portfolio of nearly $75 billion and consists of investment professionals focused on portfolio management, risk management, asset management, derivatives, operations, finance and accounting functions.
We know we can t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That s why we re committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
Genworth is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Company
provides equal access to employment opportunities for all
applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or marital status, amnesty or status as a covered
veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal