Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
SUMMARY We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed(MFB) is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Mary Free Bed exists to restore independence, hope and freedom through rehabilitation to people with disabilities.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
The Nutrition Aide assists with meal service through meal cart transport and meal tray delivery. At the end of meal service this team members collects meal trays and returns meal carts to Mercy Health Saint Mary (MHSM). Between meal services, the nutrition aide is responsible for stocking and maintaining all nourishment rooms and day spaces. This position also responds to alerts from our 24 hour electronic temperature monitoring system.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Conducts inventory of all nourishment rooms and day spaces. Supplies stocking requisition form to MHSM for fulfillment.
* Transports meal carts from MHSM to designated locations on MFB campus for meal delivery. Returns carts to MHSM after tray collection.
* Assists with delivering meal trays to MFB inpatients and collecting meal trays after meal service.
* Runs individual meal trays to MFB inpatients from MHSM as needed.
* Follows exposure/infection control, safety and equipment management, hazard, and quality improvement/risk management plans. Washes in and out of all patient rooms.
* Collaborates with St. Mary's nutrition representative to obtain stocking supplies.
* Delivers stock to nourishment rooms and organizes using the First in First Out (FIFO) method. Maintains adequate inventory in nourishments rooms and monitors expiration dates.
* Maintains adequate coffee supplies and cups in patient and family day spaces. Monitors refrigerators in these spaces for expired foods.
* Performs rotating weekly cleaning list for nourishment rooms and day space refrigerators and drawers.
* Performs weekly safety checklist for quality assurance.
* Monitors SMART temps temperature monitoring system and takes action on any critical alerts.
* Treats all patients, families, employees, and visitors with respect, dignity, and courtesy and immediately addresses customer concerns appropriately.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
* High school diploma or GED
* Knowledge of basic math, ability to inventory, and stock
* Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
* Physical Demands:
* Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
* Able to lift, carry, push, pull meal carts, up to 50 pounds. Able to stand and walk for the majority of the shift.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.