Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This position is responsible for all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support of applications from detailed specifications. This position is also responsible for contributing to the preparation of specifications from which programs will be written.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Analyze and document how business requirements fit into existing system
* Gather requirements and creates system specifications for small, standalone projects
* Assist in refining system specifications for complex projects
* Translate detailed program specifications for less complex problems and clearly defined segments of more complex programs into coded computer instructions
* Create and/ or modify programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
* Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors, with supervision
* Review test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
* Analyze issues and uses judgement to make decisions, with supervision
* Provide on call support
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 2+ years of experience with Structured Query Language
* Experience with one or more of the following: SSIS, SSMS and SSRS
* Experience with relational databases
* Development knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
* Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with guidance
* Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Understanding of data modeling
* Experience with TFS
Job posting ID: 2019-3108
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000. -
Apply Not ready to Apply*