Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
We re Progress we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Contracts Specialist/Paralegal in our Bedford, MA location.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible, as a member of the Progress Software legal department team, for drafting, negotiating and managing a variety of agreements and assisting with the continuous development of the contracts function and its processes. Candidates for this position will have solid experience in the creation, negotiation, administration and monitoring of technology-related agreements. In-house experience in the IT industry is essential, ideally in the software sector. The ideal candidate will have experience with and will thrive on working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented and team-based.
WHAT YOU LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* Prepare nondisclosure agreements, professional services agreements, partner agreements and contract addenda based on pre-approved templates and terms,
* Ensure that contract drafts are legally sound and comply with all Progress policies and practices and applicable laws, rules and regulations,
* Use playbook and available fallback positions to provide initial responses to customer redlines,
* Identify terms that vary from corporate standards to ensure accuracy and compliance, recommend appropriate modifications, engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders in the sales, professional services, legal and other internal organizations as may be required
* Support the Legal Department with ongoing and special initiatives related to the contracts function, including process improvement, template development and training materials
* Assist in the review and response to questionnaires, RFPs and RFQs,
* Understand public company controls and procedures.
* Provide training to regional sales team on selection, completion, and deployment of appropriate contract templates, negotiation thresholds, order acceptance issues, and other contract related points.
* Maintain excellent working relationships with internal sales, finance, legal colleagues and other internal stakeholders.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
* Extensive experience in the creation, negotiation, preparation, administration and monitoring of technology-related agreements;
* Experience in the software licensing industry including experience with enterprise transactions, on-premises licensing, SaaS/cloud offerings, and channels;
* Excellent oral and written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate complex legal issues and solutions to clients clearly and succinctly and develop credibility at all levels of the business organization.
* Proven analytical, time management, and problem-solving skills.
* Strong ethical practice and commitment to professional responsibility
* Confident, talented, independent and highly motivated with the ability to accept significant responsibility.
* Positive attitude and self-starter.
* Excels in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Able to successfully manage competing priorities and work independently on a wide range of issues and projects, while delivering quality work under demanding deadlines.
* A team player, able to learn from and share experiences with other members of the Progress Legal team.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
TOGETHER, WE MAKE PROGRESS
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!