Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The candidate must be able to deliver high-quality service to guests upon arrival and departure as well as resolve any guest issues during their stay. The candidate must also be able to enter reservations, and handle all cash and credit card transactions. The candidate must also be able to oversee and coordinate all night time front desk and audit functions, execute computer maintenance requirements, and ensure all financial transactions for the day are verified and balanced. The candidate will assist in balancing of daily posting and revenue, and resolution of inaccuracies. The candidate will be responsible for picking up door knob menus, room service trays, prepare and deliver room service orders after hours. Deliver newspapers, close and reopen fitness center.
* Process guest check-ins and check-outs according to Omni s Moments of Service and Standard Operating Procedures
* Empathetically listen to guest inquiries and provide appropriate responses
* Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc.)
* Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements
* Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets
* Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
* Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
* Employ attention to detail in order to ensure security of guest room access.
* Understand and execute all Omni accounting standards ensuring accurate settlement of folios, routing of charges and adjustments
* Maintain guest history files on all guests
* Accommodate room changes expediently
* Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
* Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of key
* Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes
* Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
* Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
* Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and locations, room rates, special packages and promotions.
* Candidate MUST be able to work a flexible Overnight schedule, to include weekends and holidays
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
* Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
* Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
* Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
* Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
* Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time
* Previous customer service experience required
* Prior hotel and/or cash-handling experience preferred
* Prior guest service experience preferred, preferably hotel front office experience
* Previous cashiering experience is preferred
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org...