Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Movado Group, we are committed to building the strongest brands in the industry - and we are passionate about what we do. Our people are fueled by a creative spirit and a drive for excellence that are reflected in every aspect of our business. We offer the watch industry a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth - and we offer our employees unparalleled opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to come share in our success.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our Tax Department in Paramus, New Jersey as State and Local Tax Accountant. In this role, you will be responsible for the compliance of Movado s state and local income as well as sales & use taxes. You will also assist the department on special projects as needed.
* Coordinate with internal teams and outside consultants in the preparation, filing and payment of sales & use taxes and Mexico VAT returns
* Reconcile Sabrix reports to general ledger accounts for sales tax returns and trouble shoot any exceptions that arise prior to filing
* Prepare Canadian GST/HST & PST returns
* Research and advise other departments on taxability of transactions, nexus issues, implication of new tax laws and other tax related inquiries
* Prepare and file other non-income tax returns/reports and registrations
* Prepare and reconcile apportionment information for state and local income tax returns
* Maintain Sales Tax Resale Certificate external database and internal files
* Develop and maintain a knowledge of tax laws, current developments, and changes in tax rates
* Process estimated tax payments and extensions
* Respond timely to tax authority notices
* Assist with income, sales & use tax audits
* Experience in state and local tax compliance
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting
* Strong organizational, analytical and reconciliation skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Excellent Excel skills
* Ability to be flexible, and to arrange and re-arrange priorities
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
* Ability to work in a team environment and independently
* Experience with SAP and Sabrix (OneSource Indirect Tax) a plus
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY - NO AGENCIES
Movado Group, Inc. designs, sources, and distributes MOVADO , MVMT , OLIVIA BURTON , EBEL , CONCORD , COACH , TOMMY HILFIGER , HUGO BOSS , LACOSTE , SCUDERIA FERRARI , REBECCA MINKOFF and URI MINKOFF watches worldwide, and operates Movado company stores in the United States.
Now is the perfect time to explore watch industry career opportunities with us. Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefit package. Our people are the corner stone of our business - we invite you to grow your career with us.
Movado Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.