Posted in Information Technology 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Xfinity Mobile Experience Design Team is looking for a world class Designer 2 who lives and breathes good design. The Designer will have a hands-on role in the design of consumer and agent-facing products and services. You'll help shape product benefits around user needs to create engaging and intuitive user interfaces with sales-driven results. As part of your day-to-day, you'll collaborate with creative directors and design leads, as well as sales, marketing, brand, and engineering leads. You'll help drive the delivery of digital applications that feature outstanding user experience and elegant design aesthetics. Your passion for great user experience is contagious.
As a Designer, you will remain very hands on in the work (Sketch, InVision, Studio, Zeplin, Jira) amongst various tracks, elevating our customer experience across all channels. You will use the full extent of your skills; from sketching and wireframing to high fidelity visual and motion design; from research, content strategy and stakeholder management to sprint planning and workshop facilitation. You will assist the design team and cross functional partners in building strategic narratives and vision for a variety of initiatives and workstreams.
Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally working at a Fortune 50 company to create a lasting impact on a new business and service that customers use and love every day.
The ideal candidate:
- Take responsibility for the user interface: identify problems, propose solutions, recommend implementations, and execute UI solutions to improve the user experience.
- Create pixel-perfect, world-class user interfaces and original, eye-catching visual design.
- Deliver production-ready UX visual designs in alignment with overarching business and UX goals.
- Collaborate with UX team in ideation and concept explorations throughout project lifecycle.
- Track and project time for assigned tasks such as concept sketches, rough wireframes or flows, visual design comps, rapid prototyping/demos, presentations, logos, icons, and mood boards, and assist in the creation of associated mitigation plans, while following prescribed process and best practices.
- Deliver high quality work on tight schedules in a dynamic, agile product environment.
- Produce interactive prototypes for internal experimentation and usability testing, and test UI in a rigorous, data-driven way.
- Demonstrate a command of usability and accessibility standards in partnership with visual and interface design disciplines and principles.
- Has a broad experience and a deep understanding of users to recommend UI features that solve customer needs.
- Write intuitive style guides and design specifications with a focus on engineering implementation.
- Maintains a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
- Will bring big, bold, new ideas to Xfinity Mobile with the ability to execute them within an agile environment.
- Is a strong collaborator and partner outside of the design team.
- Has an eye for and understanding of emerging trends, always staying a few steps ahead of what’s next.
- Takes initiative on all projects with a strong sense of ownership; emulates curiosity and innovation, instills trust in others.
- Has experience with A/B testing.
- Experience working with brand and UI guidelines and design systems while helping to evolve and mature them.
- Clearly articulates design rationales and advocates design thinking.
- Readily gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Has extensive responsive web e-commerce experience.
- Thinks holistically and omni-channel.
- Has experience gathering and working with business requirements.
- Has a blend of skills in UX, UI and visual design.
- Creates information hierarchy using typography, color, space and contrast.
- Has the ability to work with established design templates and patterns but can create and push for new ones.
- Produces great work in short timeframes with feedback from a broad range of stakeholders
- Assesses product and design requirements and executes interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Partners with Product and Engineering to conceptualize, design, and prototype complex user flows and interactions.
- Conducts stakeholder interviews, analyzes customer feedback, usability and researches user behavior to enhance existing products.
- A desire and ability to develop, mentor, and train other designers.
- Develops processes and procedures to drive design efficiencies.
- Has experience shipping products in an agile environment.
- Follows industry standards for building user interface (accessibility, responsive design, grid, performance)
- Has a deep passion for technology and creativity with expert skills in Sketch, Zeplin, Keynote, and Creative Suite.
- Will evolve and elevate the Xfinity Mobile narrative across the digital customer experience, specifically https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/
- This role reports to the Creative Director of Xfinity Mobile.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 3-5+ years related experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer