Posted in General Business 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
ADESA Indianapolis is seeking a Custodian for the outside shops to perform regular cleaning and light maintenance activities. Must know, practice and ensure that all company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provide excellent customer service:
§ Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
§ Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and friendly disposition by greeting others.
§ Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise management of all serious complaints or incidences.
2. Perform cleaning duties:
§ Dust, sweep and mop all common areas of the auction buildings. Dust all equipment, countertops, furniture and fixtures.
§ Vacuum office areas a minimum of every other day.
§ Remove all trash and debris from the various areas within each auction building. Dispose of trash and debris in the central collection area.
§ Clean restrooms daily and replenish all soap and personal items as necessary.
§ Clean kitchen and cafeteria areas daily. Counters within these areas should be wiped down and floors swept/mopped.
§ Clean auction block areas weekly to include removing trash, dusting and vacuuming. Monitors should be wiped down with dry cloth to remove dust and other debris.
§ Wash windows in all common areas as needed.
§ Ensure entrance and areas outside of sales arena are free and clear of debris prior to sale.
§ Perform any other cleaning and custodial duties as directed by the Facilities Manager or designated manager.
3. Other responsibilities:
§ Replenish supplies for assigned areas.
§ Monitor inventory of janitorial supplies and advise Facility Manager of items needed.
§ Inform Facility Manager of all equipment breakdowns and any necessary maintenance.
§ During each sale, monitor restrooms and kitchen area to ensure areas are fully stocked.
§ Practice and promote company Core Values.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or less on a frequent basis.
* Effective customer relations, communication and interpersonal skills required.
* Ability to understand and adhere to Company policies in all areas.
* Computer skills preferred.
* Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver license.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activity requirements of the position are from Light to Medium Physical Work
* Constant – standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing
* Frequent – Stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, repetitive motion
* Occasional – balancing, climbing, kneeling, pulling, lifting, fingering,
* Potential – running, jumping, yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical current , exposure to hot equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.