Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: McLean, Virginia
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Business Services and Outsourcing (BSO) Managing Director provides overall direction and oversight for the BSO Practice, including business development, practice development and client management. The BSO Managing Director is expected to collaborate with firm leadership on overall approach and direction of the BSO Practice to ensure consistency with overall firm philosophy.
The BSO Managing Director applies educational background, experience and industry knowledge of business issues, trends and economics on client work. The Managing Director is a critical part of the office's/region's leadership team. The Managing Director leads and reviews the results of financial and advisory services of a given client engagement, is involved in supervision, "big-picture" problem solving and scheduling client projects to the appropriate personnel. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and mentoring BSO management and staff.
The BSO Managing Director is responsible for marketing, networking and business development, as well as maintaining key client relationships. The Managing Director identifies, discusses and advises the client on key financial and non-financial performance measures, formulating and communicating a strategy plan and answering complex financial questions. The Managing Director also applies experience and knowledge of business processes to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures through process improvement suggestions.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field or equivalent experience required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree (Masters in Accountancy) preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of experience performing general accounting transactions and functions
- Six (6) or more years of supervisory experience required
- Experience working with outsourced and/or delivery center operations, preferred
- Consultative or business advisory experience required
- CPA certification preferred
- Experience utilizing industry standard accounting software and BDODrive platform software such as Intuit s QuickBooks Online (QBO), Microsoft NAV and Bill.com, preferred
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, required
- Prior experience utilizing industry recognized accounting research tools, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fully understands the finance and accounting functions performed for large and complex clients and common best practices/processes for how they operate, as well as how they interact; understands other business imperatives/functions (e.g. data security, internal controls, etc.) and how they can affect the finance and accounting functions; uses this knowledge to analyze the current structure of a client and identify what services or processes may be inefficient or missing, and where BDO can add value, as well as advise on best practices for their overall financial ecosystem
- Presents with a high level of competence, confidence, and effectiveness in a variety of settings and to a variety of audiences; presents well to all levels of management, internally and with clients; communicates in a clear and concise manner, and uses impactful and memorable language to emphasize key points; persuades others to their points of view; self-aware knows when an approach is not working and can change course immediately
- Strong analytical and advanced research skills
- GAAP knowledge, financial statement presentation, and report writing
- Strong organizational skills especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple projects simultaneously and managing a diverse staff to accomplish desired results
- Direct and prioritize multiple teams to successfully execute on engagements
- Manages relationships for large and complex clients
- Capable of effectively managing a team of professionals and contributing to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Strategically identifies with whom to build relationships at BDO to support their business; builds rapport and trust with other professionals easily; educates other professionals on the practice s approach, services, and client value proposition
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability