Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Position at Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
At Dr. Reddy\'s "Good Health Can\'t Wait"
By joining Dr. Reddy s, you will contribute to making the breakthroughs of tomorrow a reality today! From making medicines more affordable to discovering innovative treatment options to satisfy unmet medical needs, we are dedicated to helping people lead longer and healthier lives. We are seeking dynamic and energetic individuals ready to inspire, ready to make a difference for their community and every community.
This position will be based in Shreveport, LA.
Will be second shift (3:00pm - 11:30pm).
This position will perform analytical testing of drug products and in-process samples to ensure product quality in support of overall site objectives.
Responsibilities Include:* Conducts, with minimal supervision, basic and complex analyses of finished product, release and/or stability samples following approved methods, standard operating procedures and other instructional documentation. Prepares accurate and complete records of the work performed.
* Sets up and operates more complex laboratory equipment such as dissolution apparatus, HPLC and GC inclusive of any computerized software required for the operation of the equipment or analysis of results. Makes recommendations with respect to the cause and resolution of equipment issues or malfunctions.
* Conducts investigations of laboratory incidents and the investigation of out-of-specification and out-of-trend results. Demonstrates an understanding of the factors impacting analytical test results and makes recommendations with respect to root cause, corrective action and actions to prevent recurrence (i.e. CAPA) inclusive of changes to methods and procedures. May act as a second chemist where additional testing is used as part of the investigation process. Documents investigations in a clear, accurate and concise fashion.
* With the approval of area management mentors Technicians and other Chemists and identifies opportunities to improve knowledge or technique.
* Reviews the work or Technicians and may review the work of other Chemists for accuracy and completeness.
* Performs routine maintenance activities in the laboratory and participates in the qualification and periodic calibration of equipment.
* Participates in method transfer studies and in other laboratory testing to support compliance (e.g. testing of product validation samples).
* Follows safe work practices to avoid injury to self and others. Councils other staff when unsafe practices are observed and makes recommendation to improve laboratory practices in this area.
* Able to work flexible shifts.
Education: BS in Chemistry
Years of Experience: Minimum of 2 Years
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.