Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
The Phlebotomist is responsible for obtaining satisfactory blood specimens and for assisting in performing routine analysis by performing; clerical, computer and limited technical duties. Incumbent is subject to weekends, holidays and on-call duty as assigned.
Job code: 100564
License or Certification:
- Phlebotomy registered (American Society of Clinical Pathologist or other accepting certifying agency) preferred.
- CPR certification.
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Phlebotomy training course completion
- Basic computer skills.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, computer.
- Standard and specialty laboratory equipment and machines.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and ability push/pull up to 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment
- Ability to ambulate to and from other departments.
- Ability to recognize colors.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 4455 Ducan Avenue, St. Louis 63110
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1927133