Posted in Other 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Beltsville, Maryland
The Field Service Technician will report to the General Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla s energy products including: solar PV systems, batteries, and other energy products. The ideal candidate has electrical, installation and servicing experience of residential solar PV systems.
* Perform required preventive maintenance activities on inverters to maintain warranty coverage
* Respond to corrective maintenance cases on solar PV systems, energy storage systems, and updating online case logs accurately
* Work safely and in accordance with Tesla and industry standard safety requirements
* Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in O&M contracts
* Work closely with members of the Operations Engineering Systems Reliability team to respond to open case directions and provide data where requested
* Prioritize conflicting work requests and escalations
* Respond to customers concerns with the performance or functionality of their system
* Ensure the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, and company property issued are accounted for and taken care of at all times
* Minimum one year experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solar PV systems
* Valid Journeyman Electrician card preferred to perform electrical work in the states where work will be performed by the candidate
* Trades experience in electrical is preferred
* Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to solar PV installations
* Knowledge of NFPA 70E practices
* Proficiency in installing inverters and able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
* Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines
* Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
* Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing, and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.)
* Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairs, lift heavy objects and work on your feet for long periods of time
* Bending, stooping, crawling, in confined spaces, working in limited illumination areas, working in dusty conditions are required
* Ability to work independently and manage your own schedule
* Comfortable making decisions independently and handling emergency situations with a calm and directed manner
* Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); particularly in a customer-facing environment
* Excellent customer service skills required
* Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
* Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required
* Ability to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.