Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
We're a Little Different
For more than 140 years, we've carried out Christ's healing ministry as St. Anthony's Medical Center, delivering compassionate care to area residents. Today, as Mercy Hospital South, we continue that legacy. Mercy Hospital South is the third-largest medical center in the St. Louis metropolitan area. Our team offers advanced medical treatment in several specialties, including acute rehabilitation, cardiology, maternity services, oncology/cancer care, orthopedics, neurology/stroke, surgery and emergency medicine.
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
* Responsible for multiple facets of patient financial account services within a specialty practice, including insurance verification, pre-certification, referrals, charge entry and denials management
* The position requires a thorough understanding of financial software and a good working knowledge of claims procedures and medical insurance company regulations
* Requires accuracy, attention to detail and ability to communicate well with physicians, staff, patients and provider representatives of insurance companies
* Assesses, obtains, verifies and documents patient's insurance coverage and pre-certification needs prior to treatment/visits for patients who will receive office service/procedures
* Documents accurately in computer database all referral, pre-certification and other information relevant to a patient's insurance coverage and financial arrangements
* Processes office charges and physician hospital and procedure charges accurately and within timeframe established by practice
* Tabulates and deposits patient co-payments under the direction of management
* Works insurance denials in a timely manner
* Provides monthly practice reports
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: High school diploma or GED required
Experience: Three years specialty medical/physician billing experience required
Other: Knowledge of Medical Terminology and current coding for CPT and ICD-9 required. Proficiency in computer billing procedures as well as Microsoft Office required as well as excellent written and verbal skills.
Preferred Experience: EPIC experience preferred.
Preferred Certifications: Certification as Coding Specialist preferred.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a "top 100 places to work." We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Financial Coordinator, Billing, Finance, Insurance, Claims, Mercy South, South County
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.