Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Job Description :
Technica is looking for a Help Desk Technician with work location at Fairchild AFB in Spokane, WA. The candidate will support a team providing critical infrastructure, information technology and communications support to a critical DoD Office for NIPR, SIPR and JWICS networks and critical application support for a 300+ user base.
The Help Desk Technician is the single point of entry for all Agency incident calls, service requests, change requests, and provides problem resolution status to customers. Provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 support which includes incident management activities for IT equipment that includes fixes and/or repair issues, general troubleshooting, and non-invasive corrective actions. Resolves issues remotely, when possible. Works as part of a team with systems administrators, network engineers, A/V technicians and other Help Desk Technicians in multiple physical locations.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) :
* Provide first line resolution for client support when needed for IT issues/problems.
* Resolve technical problems with IT equipment and software, and document actions taken and solutions in the trouble ticket system.
* Create user accounts within Active Directory as required.
* Monitor and adjust systems for optimal performance levels (with coordination of Network Administrators and other team members).
* Implement the approved operating system configuration, remote desktop management configurations, client/server architecture, software applications, and network protocols.
* Repair, replace, and /or restore equipment as needed.
Required Skills :
* Active DoD TS clearance
* Required Certifications: Security+ and MTA
* 7+ years of relevant information technology experience
* Bachelor s degree in technology related field, or 9+ years of relevant information technology experience
* IT systems Help Desk experience within a DoD environment
Desired Skills :
* Knowledge of Remedy ITSM technologies and DISA s DEPO Tool
* Knowledge of Cisco, HP, Dell, EMC, Lenovo, Polycom, Microsoft and VMWare
* Knowledge of Server, Storage, A/V Systems, VTC Systems, Help Desk practices
0 - 10%
Clearance Level :
Required Certifications: Security+ and MTA
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. :
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.