Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fredericksbg, Virginia
Job Description :
Technica is looking for a Systems Administrator with work location at Fredericksburg, VA. The candidate will support a team providing critical infrastructure, information technology and communications support to a critical DoD Office for NIPR, SIPR and JWICS networks and critical application support for a 300+ user base.
The Systems Administrator (SA) works as part of a team of systems administrators alongside network engineers, help desk, developers, information assurance engineers and A/V technicians. The SA s primary responsibility is to perform functions related to system administration, automation, remote access, and service/content hosting. The SA ensures effective operations and sustainment factors are included in the overall capability planning of the Agency. He/She conducts installation, integration, configuration, optimization, acceptance, operation, maintenance and upgrades, and troubleshooting of server hardware and operating environments. The SA is responsible for strengthening the capabilities, performance, and content security/integrity through life cycle administration of functional and security updates, resource migrations, and system enhancements.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) :
* Performs system administration activities supporting the following elements of an IT system and network: servers, routers, switches, workstations, mobile phones, software applications, etc.
* Cooperates with a small team of systems administrators and indirectly with network engineers, help desk and A/V technicians
Required Skills :
* Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
* Required Certifications: Security+ and MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
* 10+ years of relevant information technology experience in the Department of Defense in systems administration and application support
* Bachelor s degree in technology related field or 12+ years of relevant information technology experience in the Department of Defense in systems administration and application support
* Systems Administration within a DoD environment and with elements of an IT systems and network
* Knowledge of VMWare, HP Servers, Dell hardware and Microsoft Operating Systems
* In depth knowledge of Servers and Storage
Desired Skills :
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of Cisco, EMC, Lenovo, Polycom, TACLANES, RedHat, Remedy ITSM technologies
- Knowledge of A/V Systems, VTC Systems, Help Desk practices, database management, and cybersecurity
0 - 10%
Clearance Level :
Top Secret w/SCI
Required Certifications: Security+ and MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. :
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.