Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Job Description :
Technica is looking for an Audio Visual (A/V) Technician with work location at Ft. Belvoir, VA. The candidate will support a team providing critical infrastructure, information technology and communications support to a critical DoD Office for NIPR, SIPR and JWICS networks and critical application support for a 300+ user base.
The A/V Engineer will assist with supporting a wide variety of A/V equipment, for the Agency Video Teleconferencing (VTC) system and operation, and the telecommunications system.
The A/V Engineer will work as part of a team with systems administrators, network engineers, and other A/V technicians and Help Desk Technicians for a local user base of approximately 150 users in multiple physical locations.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) :
* Provide maintenance and operation of AV equipment including, but not limited to, projectors, cameras, digital white boards, computer-based control systems, audio bridge configurations, and associated test equipment, monitors, DVD players/recorders, disc recorders, CCTV system components and wiring, audio, amplifiers, speakers, microphones, mixers, Network Video Recorder (NVR), streaming servers, and platform digital displays
* Provide routine preventive maintenance on AV systems and equipment (replace bulbs, clean filters and lenses, make minor adjustments)
* Make recommendations for future upgrades, technology refreshes for A/V and VTC systems.
* Provide support for classified and unclassified VTC conference rooms as well as self-contained point-to-point VTC appliances
* Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of VTC equipment
* Resolve problems with VTC systems and make equipment substitutions recommendations for: projectors, displays, IP-based Coder-Decoders (CODECs), cameras, microphones, integrated control systems, recording (audio/video) devices, and wiring diagrams
* Coordinate the design, acquisition, configuration, installation, testing, and sustainment of
all VTC capabilities
* Provides Tier 1 maintenance on all installed PBX hardware and software including, but
not limited to: Avaya CM 4.0.2 Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
* Documents the system configuration and wiring layout, including incoming trunk lines.
* Performs routine system configuration changes such as adds/moves/change station
numbers, assign class of restriction/class of service privileges, install both digital and
analog telephone sets, change auto attendant menus, add and delete voice mail boxes, and
Required Skills :
* Active DoD Secret Clearance required; DoD TS/SCI clearance preferred
* Required Certifications: Security+, Avaya, AMX and/or Crestron
* 7+ years of relevant information technology experience in the Department of Defense
* Bachelor s degree in technology related field or 9+ years of relevant information technology experience in the Department of Defense
* Experience operating DISA s Global Video Service (GVS) System
* Knowledge of analog and digital AV distribution and display systems and
equipment; and knowledge of state-of-the-art AV control systems and equipment
* Hands on experience with Avaya PBX systems
Desired Skills :
* Advanced AMX and Crestron certifications
0 - 10%
Clearance Level :
Required Certifications: Security+, Avaya, AMX and/or Crestron
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other federal agency customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. :
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.