Posted in General Business 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Administers guardianship estates and court supervised trusts on behalf of bank as Guardian of the Estate/trustee. Manages relationships among wards, guardians of the person; attorney for estate; co-fiduciaries; guardians ad litem; case managers; tax advisors and internal support groups including real estate, investments, insurance, legal, new business, banking and management.
1. Administers estates and/or court supervised trusts in accordance with court orders and applicable law.
2. Working with outside counsel and the ward's Guardian of the Person, manage all substantive issues arising within the estate, including formulation of budgets; purchase of suitable real estate; presentation of annual accountings; valuation and collection of assets, raising of cash, resolution of liabilities, review of legal documents , and appearance before probate court.
3. Functions as the primary contact for handling estate issues that arises in asset management, tax compliance, tax planning, fundings, and distributions.
4. Works with investment, real estate, insurance and other internal partners, as well as co-fiduciaries and outside counsel to consider all matters related to serving the best interest of the ward.
5. Oversees preparation and filing of all pertinent court documents.
6. Communicates and monitors portfolio manager to ensure that investments comply with Probate Act requirements and best meet the needs of the estate considering cash needs, tax implications, Probate Act requirements; estate needs; etc. Ensures that appropriate communication of investment decisions occurs between the bank and interested outside parties.
7.Establishes and maintains strong relationship with the ward, family and guardian of the person, responding to their needs and explaining issues that arise in the estate. Educates clients on available options for addressing issues, including court requirements and regulatory/tax changes.
8.Cultivates relationships for expanded business opportunities with the bank (personal trust,
Northern Trust Securities, investment management, private banking, etc.).
9. Oversees special tasks, including purchase or sale of real estate; estate owned vehicles; insurance policies; estate planning pursuits; etc.
10. Coordinates discussion and review of real estate, tax, investment, and legal issues using outside counsel, in-house legal or tax counsel, other administrators and management as resources in reaching a decision.
11.Cultivates relationships with outside attorneys and other resources to grow the business.
Knowledge of guardianship, estate planning and tax laws, trust, investments, real estate, basic accounting, trust operations through formal education in law or related field and work experience is required to implement guardianship administration and estate plans.
Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced and often stressful environment is a must.
Able to effectively communicate and relate to professionals, clients and partners with vastly different educational levels; backgrounds; interests; beliefs; etc.
Strongly preferred -Licensed attorney; minimum 5 years experience in guardianship administration; Spanish fluency a plus.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.