Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners.. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting-edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION: GENERAL SUPERVISION AND INSTRUCTIONS
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform removal and installation of Fixed Network Equipment (FNE) and mobile communications equipment and associated cabling in customer locations/vehicles utilizing best practices and per R56 Standards and Guidelines.
* Perform simple troubleshooting and repair existing equipment installations as required.
* Perform removal and installation of 12-volt electronic equipment such as Emergency Lights and Controllers, Sirens, Mobile Computer and Docking stations, Radio Chargers, Mobile Video recording equipment, GPS equipment, equipment consoles, safety cages, etc.
* Complete pre- and post-installation checklists to document and ensure operation of the vehicle s existing accessories, lights and other components.
* Document the physical condition of the vehicle before and after work is completed.
* Document customer information, details of work performed, hours worked, parts used, specific instruction from the customer, etc.
* Working overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules may sometimes be required.
* Some travel may be required.
* Must possess a valid driver s license and have a clean driving record.
* Must be able to pass background check.
* Act as Lead Installer on small installation projects.
* Mentor less experienced installers.
* Confirm site grounding continuity using a clamp on ground resistance tester.
* Responsible for accurate reporting in time tracking systems each week before the day/time determined by manager.
* Responsible for proper care and maintenance of all assigned company assets.
* Responsible for calibration of assigned test equipment and keeping the test equipment database up to date.
* Responsible for processing all expense reports within the Motorola Solutions HR Guidelines.
* Trained in basic electronics.
* Must have an understanding of basic electronics and electrical theory.
* Must have a good understanding of vehicle assembly, as well as vehicle electrical and mechanical systems.
* Skilled in the use of basic electronic test equipment such as DVMs, wattmeters (power meters), communications systems analyzers, etc.
* Skilled in the use of hand and power tools associated with mobile and FNE equipment installation.
* Able to use a computer and familiar with common computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and internet browsers.
* Self motivated and able to quickly learn new system types and technologies as they are introduced.
* Able to work as a member of a team which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
* Good verbal and written communications skills.
* Skilled in the use of product specific tools and software in order to perform basic configuration and testing, both pre- and post-installation, as needed.
* Basic understanding of communications systems functionality and technology associated with the customer system(s).
Within six months of hire or promotion, must possess CET Associate certification.
Within six months of hire, must achieve appropriate technical certifications for their role. Appropriate Certification for an installer would be the ETA Mobile Communications and/or Electronics Installers Certification or the Emergency Vehicle Technician.
Must possess R56 Installer Certification within 1 year of hire.
Training and experience in the configuration, testing, and optimization of current Motorola two-way radio subscriber equipment.
Associates degree, or technical school certification, or military training in a related field.
2+ years of technical work experience as an installer, technician, or field experience
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT..