Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Renton, Washington
Location: Renton, WA, US
Company: PACCAR Company Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector. Requisition Summary
PACCAR Information Technology Division (ITD) has an exciting opening for an HR internship. This position provides the candidate the opportunity to gain valuable hands on HR experience at a large organization. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our dynamic organization, while enhancing your resume. At the end of your internship, you have the opportunity to present your accomplishments to your fellow interns and senior management. PACCAR interns have a great deal of visibility within our company. Don t miss out on an exciting opportunity!
Internships include unique learning opportunities:
* Learn first-hand from the industry's top professionals
* Work directly with Managers and Senior Managers
* Develop mentoring relationships
* Gain valuable hands on experience
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Participate in job and department duties and processes as assigned
* Process payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees
* Create and build new employee files and records in SAP
* Support recruitment efforts by scheduling interviews and coordinating background checks
* Support new employee orientation and onboarding
* Support and plan employee engagement events
* Communicate effectively with various team members
* Provide feedback and suggestions as appropriate
* Manage/participate in special projects as assigned
* Must have ability to handle confidential information appropriately
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities or deadlines
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
* Proven customer service skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Currently enrolled in a Human Resources, Business or related 4 year program with a Junior or Senior standing
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: ERP, HR, Intern, Consulting, Payroll, Technology, Human Resources, Entry Level, Finance