Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Walden University is currently seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Senior Brand Marketing Manager to work in our Columbia location as a member of the Walden University Marketing Team, reporting to the Vice President of Marketing.
The Senior Brand Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing the brand positioning for the Walden brand and other products as assigned, campaign launches, marketing strategies, and uncovering opportunities to create pathways within brand messaging to enhance Walden s ability to drive leads and enrollments. This role requires a successful individual who is able to juggle multiple priorities and demands in order to achieve a positive outcome for Walden. The demonstration of an ability to communicate interpersonally with a wide range of stakeholders and externally with vendors to produce creative that is on brand and on message is crucial in this role.
This individual will be responsible for understanding the Walden student, their educational needs, our benefits and differentiators and collaborating with cross-functional team members to develop and implement marketing plans and content to support university objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist in the creation of a long-term strategic marketing framework for the brand
* Lead projects that enhance brand awareness, and drive student advocacy all while upholding a smooth, integrated process
* Develop and execute integrated marketing and communication plans with a multi-channel approach i.e. (Online Advertising, Search, Website, Social Media, Tradeshows, Print Advertising).
* Be a "keeper of the brand" and constantly work to clarify, articulate, and execute creative marketing programs that embody Walden s unique qualities
* Drive marketing efforts across the organization, bringing creative ideas to execution and results are analyzed for future direction.
* Collaborate with various functional departments across the organization including product management, lead gen, database marketing, enrollment management and training, operations and academics to ensure the Walden brand is clearly understood and incorporated across all communications and touchpoints.
* Respond to competitive and market trend analyses, ensuring that strategic decisions are data driven and inclusive of insight from faculty and the leadership team.
* Provide timely and accurate communication to key stakeholders including but not limited to Academic leadership, Lead Gen, CRM, Enrollment, Product Management, and Business Development to ensure awareness of and participation in all marketing initiatives.
* Optimize processes to ensure on-strategy programs are executed on time and on budget
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 7+ years marketing experience.
* Bachelor's degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
* Marketing experience in a B2C environment required. Brand management experience with a consumer packaged goods, service, education, publishing, or media company preferred.
* Previous experience in the higher education industry is a plus but not required.
* Agency, Advertising or Web marketing experience preferred.
* Must thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
* Demonstrated experience with market research and competitive intelligence gathering methods.
* Experience in developing marketing plans and tactics to drive brand awareness and differentiation.
* Experience working with lead-generating marketing programs that include but not limited to online media, webinars, trade shows, events, social media, and online campaigns.
* Demonstrable experience in social media marketing, community-building, word-of-mouth marketing, and content marketing highly preferred.
* Highly skilled in planning, organizing, and project management.
* Must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
* Experience in interpreting and utilizing market research and business analytics.
* Able to obtain an in-depth understanding of the company business plans, strategies, and processes. Must possess a clear understanding of key functions, dynamics and developments in domestic business.
* Exceptional problem solving and analytic, critical thinking, and information synthesis skills. Strong organizational, prioritization and time management abilities. Must have experience developing and managing a budget and understanding financial implications of marketing programs.
* A strong leader in the areas of managing and executing marketing programs and tactics. Experience managing strategic projects, ability to understand big picture And be detail oriented with the execution of marketing plans.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong presentation skills and ability to lead and facilitate meetings.
* Strong relationship building skills. A good listener, collaborator, and influencer. High level of enthusiasm, functions well in a team-driven and highly dynamic environment.
* Thrives on taking initiative and is very comfortable leading projects.
* Demonstrated experience in thinking strategically with respect to partnership opportunities for the college.
* Proficient with intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Willingness and ability to travel approximately 10-25% of the time. Equal Employment Opportunity
Our goal is to have a diverse workforce that is representative of our students and our communities. Laureate is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring based upon merit. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform with or without reasonable accommodations. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law..