Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
The Assistant Property Operations Specialist will be a roving position. You will be traveling to the Phoenix sites and could be traveling out side of Arizona.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
2. Performs all tasks related to renting apartments including generating traffic, handling telephone inquiries, greeting prospective residents in person, touring prospective residents throughout the apartment community, demonstrating model apartments and “sharps”, qualifying prospects, and closing the sale by obtaining a lease application and deposit. Leasing Consultants must maintain an average closing ratio of at least 30%.
3. Notifies prospective residents whether rental applications are approved or denied and schedules move-in when appropriate.
4. Provides exceptional customer service by responding quickly and courteously to resident concerns and questions, taking prompt action to solve problems, and documenting and conveying resident requests for maintenance to the maintenance team.
5. Completes all move-in paperwork including the lease and accompanying addendum's in accordance with site administrative procedures.
6. Prior to opening the leasing office daily, prepares the model for show, inspects the prospect tour routes and amenities, turns on appropriate lighting, provides refreshments, cleans and freshens offices and restrooms, and ensures all sales tools and forms are ready and available for use.
7. Accurately records all prospective resident activity daily on the appropriate forms (i.e. welcome cards, activity sheet, morning reports, etc.)
8. Adheres to all company and community policies and procedures according to the Sales Manual, Employee Handbook, General Administrative Procedures (GAP) Book and Safety Manual.
9. Complies with the legal policies and procedures. Promotes and ensures compliance with Fair Housing laws and other industry-related federal, state, and local laws. Maintains documentation verifying compliance.
10. Completes all administrative documentation for the move-out process.
11. Receives rent payments from residents, completes resident receipts, post rent payments to resident accounts and updates resident records.
12. Assists in supervising, motivating, training and scheduling office team. Cross-trains office team to increase employees’ abilities to handle several functions within their discipline.
13. Utilizes persistent and aggressive collections efforts to minimize payment delinquencies. Adheres to all legal and company procedures required in the eviction process.
14. Assists Community Manager (working closely with the Maintenance Supervisor) in managing the community maintenance programs including promptly and courteously responding to resident requests for maintenance, monitoring preventative maintenance programs, providing an adequate supply of “sharp” apartments to meet the leasing efforts, and ensuring community appearance meets or exceeds site standards.
15. Completes administrative and accounting reports, performs other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned by Community Manager including posting rent, making bank deposits, handling resident account inquiries and security deposit refunds, processing accounts payable invoices, placing orders for supplies and performing duties related to month-end closing.
16. Assists Community Manager with resident relations issues and on-site emergencies as they arise.
17. Conducts regular community inspections to ensure the property meets established standards for curb appeal, safety, and cleanliness.