Posted in Other 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the OR Charge Nurse and Registered Nurse, anticipates the needs of the operative schedule and proactively provides the necessary clinical support to maintain and stock core areas, to prepare cases, and to transport patients for surgery.
* 1. Under the direction of the Holding Area R.N., anticipates the needs of the Operative Schedule.
* 1.1 Provides stretchers and beds with O2 and monitors as needed for transportation of the postoperative patient.
* 2. Practices good guest relations with patients and all others. Communicates effectively and in a reassuring manner with patients and others. Deals constructively with conflict. Practices and promotes the Reach For Excellence Standards.
* 3. Maintains educational record, either written or computerized. Responds appropriately to constructive criticism. Seeks opportunity for learning experience.
* 4. Responds to pages, requests in a timely manner. Anticipates and provides stretchers, beds and equipment to assigned Ors. Adheres to lunch and break schedules.
* 5. Reviews daily assignment and responds to changes. Remains flexible with assignments.
* 6. Manages and organizes time to provide continuity of care. Utilizes supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner. Knows and follows chain of command.
* 7. Communicates to nurse manager and team members of shortages, needed repairs, conflicts and problems. Maintains professional interpersonal relationships. Keeps team members informed of whereabouts at all times.
* 8. Understands and practices concept of sterile technique. Technical competence of primary duties including ability to anticipate. Implement, prioritize and respond to situations in an appropriate manner.
* 8.1 Demonstrates knowledge of basic aseptic technique, i.e., contamination of sterile supplies.
High school graduate or equivalent.
This is the entry level for O.R. Assistant II during the one year orientation. Within 60 days of hire into the position must: ? Gain knowledge of sterile techniques. ? Be proficient in location of equipment, instruments and supplies for ability to gather or return these items. ? Have competency in transporting patients and handling medical gas cylinders. ? Be proficient in selecting proper instruments and supplies based upon physician preference codes. ? Be proficient in identifying sterile supplies and equipment from unsterile.
Heavy lifting ability. Physical/emotional stamina. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Proven organizational skills and ability to act proactively in performing job responsibilities. Friendly and cooperative attitude with patients and team members.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum - $15.00/hr.
Maximum - $22.60/hr