Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is responsible for the oversight of front line clinical, clerical and operational functions of the YNHHS OMWS offices. Under general direction from Manager, Clinical Operations and clinical direction of the site Medical Director (s), performs front-line supervision for a large, dispersed team of clinical support and administrative staff, coordinating daily patient flow and overseeing patient triage functions and facility issues at YNHHS sites. Efficiently and effectively deploys staff, with direct responsibility for timekeeping, scheduling (including vacations, sick call, educational leave, etc) and staffing on a day-to-day and hour-to-hour basis. Serves as a resource to staff and performs clinical functions within his/her scope of practice as needed. Responsible for annual performance evaluations for all clinical staff members and makes recommendations on hiring, transfers, promotions and dismissals, as appropriate. Actively supports YNHHS aims, including Patient Experience and Quality Improvement initiatives as assigned. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with constituents, including retail clients, staff members, and YNHHS Occupational Health leaders. Must have excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, customer service, and supervisory skills. Must be able to supervise sites with minimal direct supervision, at times. Effective, ongoing communication (whether in-person or virtual) with site Team Leads, site Medical Directors, and Associate Director is paramount .
* 1. Develop daily, weekly and monthly work schedules for all occupational health sites, ensuring contracted staffing levels are maintained
* 1.1 Monitor and make entries for time and attendance system in collaboration with support staff. Ensure inputs are accurate and within budgetary guidelines.
* 2. Manage administrative needs and provides supervision to clinical and clerical staff across OMWS offices.
* 2.1 Ensure that the appropriate clinical care and support is provided by YNHHS staff by working and collaborating with Team Leads each day.
* 3. Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction at Occupational Health sites by documenting and escalating inquiries, suggestions, complaints and compliments
* 3.1 Act upon information within defined parameters, taking responsibility as appropriate. Engage Manager for issues beyond scope of responsibility.
* 4. Support strategic initiatives identified through YNHHS and Delivery Network programs
* 4.1 Provide guidance and feedback to staff on YNHHS clinical policies and procedures. Ensure processes are in place to orient new and per diem staff to procedures within the clinical area and monitor staff member compliance with appropriate infection control methods and techniques, following YNHHS standards and guidance from Manager, Clinical Operations.
* 5. Implement, support and monitor quality improvement and educational strategies for clinical support staff.
* 5.1 Orient new nurses to health center operations and YNHHS platforms
* 6. Quality Assessment and Tracking: Communicable Disease Exposures
* 6.1 Prepare and disseminate reports and information related to employee exposure incidents.
Bachelor Degree in nursing required . Master's Degree in nursing strongly preferred. Current Connecticut licensure as RN.
Five (5) years experience as an RN plus additional years supervisory/management experience in a clinical operation, preferably ambulatory care a plus. Occupational Medicine and related EMR experience a plus. Familiarity with Connecticut, workers compensation and practice standards preferred. Experience with Occupational Medicine practice management software and EMR preferred. Experience managing and developing multi-site practices preferred.
Must be a licensed RN in the State of Connecticut and hold a valid Connecticut Driver 's License. CPR certification required.
Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, record keeping, multi-tasking, and clinical skills required. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required. Able to lead a multi-disciplinary team, building positive rapport with staff, physicians, and clients. Able to coach and resolve conflicts tactfully and respectfully between staff members, and others. Must be dedicated to building a positive workplace environment and mutually beneficial relationships across YNHHS. Competency in case managing patients treated at the site regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and ethnicity.
Required to travel to various work sites - must have own reliable transportation.