Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Scheduler-Receptionist in Dentistry functions primarily as a patient scheduling facilitator working closely with the billing coordinators, dental residents, dental attending staff, and dental program directors under the direction of the manager of the Dental Department. This individual is responsible for accurate scheduling of dental procedures, receiving patients, managing the front desk, and updating of demographic and insurance data., To perform these duties appropriately, the individual must acquire in-depth understanding of all procedures performed in Dentistry, including knowledge of the average length of each procedure as well as appropriate providers and attendings for all such procedures. Outstanding customer service skills are necessary as well as exceptional interpersonal skills, organizational skills, being self-motivated with good independent judgement, as well as familiarity with pertinent computer applications.
* 1. Coordinates and supports all tasks related to patient scheduling.
* 2. Ensures all outpatient paper and electronic charts are maintained appropriately to Department and Hospital standards.
* 3. Ensures all outpatient encounters are communicated accurately with optimum customer service.
* 4. Responsible and accountable for consistently maintaining scheduling guidelines and compliancy regulations as identified by the department manager and program directors.
* 5. Works with manager/coordinator to ensure all quality control measures have been addressed.
* 6. Follows HIPAA guidelines when working with confidential patient information.
* 7. Assists manager and secretary of the section with ordering and purchasing of necessary office supplies as needed.
Graduation from high school, including or supplemented by secretarial course work, or equivalent training and experience. Medical terminology/computer course required or equivalent related experience. College degree in Business desired or appropriate business experience.
Three (3) years relevant and direct administrative clerical/scheduling experience required in an outpatient environment and /or successful completion of the Business Services competency assessment or bachelor's degree in related field of study . Prior computer usage required with experience in an dental setting preferred. Experience in scheduling as well as an understanding of Third Party payor requirements.
Excellent telephone communications, interpersonal, coordination and organizational skills. Ability to read computer screens, forms, and other documents and follow written and oral instructions. Moderate keyboarding skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs (including clinical crises in the department and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with professionalism, good judgment and ALWAYS excellent customer relation skills. Prior customer service coordination, or clinical experience necessary. Excellent communication and people skills. Ability to remain calm and professional in high stress situations.
Ability to lift 25 pounds.Ordering office supplies.