Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Great Wolf, the Culinary Lead is key to the success of overall food operations and oversees daily culinary operations by ensuring food quality, presentation, recipes, and portion control meet the highest standards and result in overall guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist culinary management in administrative and personnel related matters, including; scheduling, time clock reviews, overtime, performance, discipline, investigations, training and development, etc.
* Prepares food as outlined on Banquet Event Order
* Provides food preparation assistance by washing, peeling, cutting, and seeding vegetables and fruits; cleaning, cutting, and grinding meats, poultry, and seafood
* Prepares soups and sauces by stirring and straining
* Breads foods by dipping food items in crumbs, flour, and batter
* Controls recipes by weighing and measuring designated ingredients
* Provides foodstuffs and utensils for chef by carrying pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by cleaning work areas, equipment and utensils; segregating and removing garbage; steam-cleaning or hosing garbage containers; following sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
* Keeps supplies and foodstuffs ready by inventorying stock; requisitioning supplies and foodstuffs; verifying receipt; storing
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
Basic Qualifications & Skills
* High School diploma or equivalent experience; may have current enrollment
* Previous food preparation experience in a restaurant setting
* Prior training and/or experience in hands-on equipment maintenance
* Comprehensive knowledge of food preparation and demonstrated ability to understand sanitation related issues and precautions necessary to ensure a clean food preparation environment
* Must be flexible regarding scheduling based on business demands
* Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen
Desired Qualifications & Traits
* Previous leadership experience
* Proven teamwork
* Projects professional image that inspires trust and confidence
* Enthusiastic and positive energy
* Multi-tasking ability
* Able to lift up to 15 lbs.
* Able to bend, stretch, and twist
* Able to stand for long periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled