Posted in Other 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Riverside, California
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Riverside Community Hospital, Founded in 1901, is a 478 licensed bed, full-service acute care hospital in the heart of the Inland Empire. RCH has been recognized as a Top Performing Hospital and has invested in a new campus expansion project that includes a new 7 story patient tower, 3 story medical office building, and a recently completed 5 level state of the art parking garage. With over 500 physicians on staff, representing over 200 specialties and over 1,900 employees, Riverside Community Hospital is an Inland Empire leader in providing advanced, comprehensive health care to the Inland region. RCH houses the largest Emergency Room and Trauma Center in the Inland Empire at 50 beds with an average wait time of only 15 minutes. RCH is one of Riverside County's only STEMI receiving centers and is a fully accredited Chest Pain Center. Centers of Excellence include the HeartCare Institute, offering invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures, Center of Excellence for Surgical Weight Loss, the Transplant Program and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
RIVERSIDE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL'S MISSION & VISION:
MISSION: Committed to providing compassionate care and improving the overall health of our community
VISION: Leading with innovation. Serving with compassion.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Performs and demonstrates proficiency and understanding of the procedures in one or more areas of the Clinical Laboratory. Obtains specimens, prepares and/or maintains reagents and supplies, and calibrates and maintains equipment. Adheres to policies and procedures as directed by the Supervising Clinical Laboratory Scientist and Administrative Director. Clinical Laboratory Scientist II may be assigned additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate by Administrative Director or by dictum of position.
Reports To: Supervising Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Supervises: Lab Assistant III
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be licensed by the State of California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
* BA or BS degree as required by California Law.
* Clinical Laboratory Scientist II must have at least 2 years' experience; one year of which must be in a licensed acute care hospital.
* Clinical Laboratory Scientist I; prefer minimum 1 yr. experience in an acute care licensed facility.
* New graduates will be considered after a successful passage of California State Board Exam.
* Ability to communicate well with other departments as well as laboratory personnel.
* Good organizational skills. Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects/tasks.
* Working knowledge of tests being performed to answer questions from medical staff.
* Ability to trouble shoot QC problems and instrument problems.
* Ability to work independently.
* Familiarity with JCAHO, CAP, State and HCFA requirements.
* Ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly.
* Must be able to read, speak and understand English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.