Posted in Health Care 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Come join us at Sarasota Point Rehabilitation Center, located at 2600 Courtland Street Sarasota FL, 34237.
For more information please contact Jacqueline, McDonald HR Generalist at (941) 331-4362 or email@example.com.
To apply in person, please visit us at 2600 Courtland Street Sarasota FL, 34237.
WHAT WE OFFER
-Compensation package commensurate with experience and results
-Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D benefits
-Paid vacations and holidays
-A great potential to grow with the company
-Fast paced, exciting environment
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Manages facility’s census by opening and maintaining accounts with insurers, community organizations and hospitals that generate resident admissions. Provides primary Director of Admissions Back-Up Training and ensures Primary Admissions Coordinator Back-Up Training with ongoing monthly “Job Shadowing” is completed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out Admissions Office responsibilities. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
• Develops and executes strategies to maximize admissions of residents requiring a sub-acute level of care including regular contact with potential referral sources including hospitals, physicians, insurers, case management companies and health care agencies.
• Conducts admission screening of potential residents, determines level of care, services required, equipment needs and insurance coverage, as appropriate.
• Coordinates clinical and financial approval process.
• Coordinates admissions with appropriate departments and staff.
• Regularly contacts local community agencies to generate a positive image and encourage word-of-mouth referral activities.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare / Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement processes.
• Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Provides Primary Director of Admissions Back-Up Training and monthly “Job Shadowing” to the Admissions Coordinator or Designated Secondary Director of Admissions Back-Up staff member.
• Ensures Admissions Coordinator provides Primary Admissions Coordinator Back-Up Training and monthly “Job Shadowing” to the designated staff member
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in health care profession/ insurance or commensurate educations preferred.
• Must be familiar with medical terminology.
• Must be proficient with use of personal computer.
• Must meet motor vehicle records protocols
Supervises the Admissions staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects including assisting with the movement of Residents. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Frequently required to drive personal auto on company business.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information. Ensures the Admissions Back-Up Team Process is in compliance.
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See job description