Posted in Other 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery(R), Otis Spunkmeyer(R), and Oakrun Farm Bakery(R). We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* General Labor, Bakery-Packing (Grandi Paddler/Inspector) - 3rd shift
* Production Supervisor
Inspect and straighten all freshly frozen products into individual slots prior to them entering the automated vison system. Removing any product that has the potential to jam or break the system, as to maintain a productive, efficient, and safe work flow.
Applies basic skills to ensure that products are meeting all company specifications, and ensuring that all job duties that affect safety, legality, and quality standards are addressed. Comply with company code of conduct through working safely and efficiently in both a team and individual environment. Adapt techniques as needed to perform duties and tasks in a timely and routine manner. Perform all tasks as directed by the production supervisors to attain the company and customers production needs. Read, follow, and communicate the production schedule with team members, support staff, and the production supervisors to properly prepare materials and machinery for every scheduled production run. Ensure that all materials are consumed in a cost effective manner that limits unnecessary waste. Report any damaged, faulty, out dated, or incorrect supplies to a supervisor for proper documentation and handling. All paperwork must be legible and completed by the end of every shift. Understand and implement the knowledge in the Aryzta values throughout the facility and your teams to ensure continuous improvement for the company, customers, and employees.
* Ensure that product is effectively moving from the freezer to the automated vision system in the correct manor.
* Remove and dispose of any products that could jam/damage the vision system, ensuring that all sticks are slotted individually to get a proper evaluation by the machine.
* Ensure that the paddles or other tools being used are in good condition and not broken or missing pieces, report any broken paddles to a production supervisor immediately.
* Check to make sure that all straightening flaps, and flaps on the inclines belts are properly secured and free of any old dough to ensure an efficient work flow.
* Proper communication of issues to coworkers or the proper department(s) (ie. Sanitation, Maintenance, or Quality Assurance) as needed through use of radio's or overhead PA system. All positions are part of a team and must communicate and work together to ensure a safe and efficient work flow.
* Report any products that are visually out of company and quality standards to the production supervisors.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary, and organized work area.
* Know, understand, and follow safe operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Perform all tasks and duties required to ensure production and efficiency standards are met.
* Actively participate with the team, through problem solving, planning, and team decision-making with individual accountability.
* Ensure the proper set-up for the next shift and communicate to them all information relevant to the manufacturing process.
* Perform training of new techs and assist in other training activities which support the manufacturing process.
* Flexibility in job assignments based on production needs, as designated by a supervisor.
* Assist any team members regardless of job position if help is needed to ensure safe and efficient production runs.
* Ensure all company assets including but not limited to machinery, tools, and the facility; are accounted for and kept in a safe, clean, and well maintained condition.
* Make all necessary machinery & equipment adjustments and performs all tasks & duties necessary for efficient start-ups, daily operation, change-over and shut-downs.
* Other duties as required or assigned.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Good communication skills, in English.
* Ability to read and write in English, and use of basic math and time keeping.
* Able to make logical decisions.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES PROFICIENCY LEVEL
* High school diploma, GED and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous work history in a food manufacturing facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Standing, walking, climbing, bending, twisting, stooping may be required while performing these job duties.
* Able to lift or move (push or drag) 50 lbs.
* Frequently carrying more than 20lbs.
* Able to handle or feel frozen objects.
* Requires an employee to have adequate communication and observational skills.
* Frequent head and neck movement.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to operate and work with mechanical and electrical machines.
* Employee may be required to work in areas that are cold, wet, dusty, slippery, or hot.
* Frequently working in areas of loud noise.
* May require employees to work in small/confined, or elevated areas.
* Production schedule subject to change, based on needs.
* Weekends, Holidays, and Overtime as required.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.