Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
LOCATION: STERLING, VA (20166)
9 MONTH CONTRACT
Have the ability to deal with a broad range of requirements
* Able to use unique and innovative approaches in testing and troubleshooting
* Ability to work under pressure of constant deadlines
* Self-starter with positive attitude
* Good organization and communication skills
* Good report writing skills
* Detail oriented
* Ability to work with others in a group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Read and interpret test procedures.
* Select and set-up proper test equipment for equipment to be tested.
* Connect instruments to equipment being tested.
* Establish logical format for recording data.
* Calibrate test instruments as required
* Perform mechanical and electronic testing.
* Performing tests requires detailed understanding of the equipment being tested.
* Troubleshoot non-functioning equipment to determine defect and make recommendations to improve equipment reliability and manufacturability.
* Ability to troubleshoot to the component level on circuit boards
* Work with engineering personnel on problem solving
* Record data accurately in a clear concise manner that is easy to read.
* Information recorded to be sufficient to repeat the test at a future date.
* Maintain a logical filing system for test data sufficient to allow easy retrieval at a future date.
* Write test reports
* Assemble mechanical / electrical assemblies using tech manuals, drawings, wiring schematics and verbal instructions.
* Work with engineers to develop assembly instructions for new products.
* Familiarity with Hass testing and able to operate environmental test equipment
* Additional duties as assigned.
MANUFACTURING ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires knowledge of electronics, mechanical assemblies, programming principles & practices and techniques that are applicable to all electronic systems.
Minimum education requirements are Associate Degree in electronics or trade school certificate or 3 years' experience as electronic technician.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of a full range of diagnostic test and evaluation procedures and associated instrumentation.
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings.
* Understanding of symbols terminology using engineering drawings, logic diagrams and schematics.
* Able perform electro mechanical assembly tasks
* Ability to use all common mechanical and electronic laboratory test equipment
* Ability to lift 40 lbs.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Soldering skills
* Good computer skills working in a windows environment
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.