Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Lincoln, NE (110 N.66th St.)
Healthcare - RT/MA
General Position Summary:
The Medical Scribe is a role in the MedExpress center that reports to the Center Manager and will work under the direction of the Supervising Practitioner and support their documentation of patient information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Duties are to be performed in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the legal scope of medical practice. They will be responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff. They will be responsible for skills, knowledge and medical terminology of the Medical Assistant.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
* Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
* Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
* An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
* Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
* Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
Medical Scribe (90%):
* Perform provider documentation of patient information as dictated by a provider in a legible and clear manner, following all established local, state and federal guidelines for documentation and billing.
* Demonstrated skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records in a complete and thorough manner.
* Ensures that all documentation follows scribe policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
* Follows established medical record requirements.
* Completes all documentation real time and within the same date of service.
* Communicate to provider when chart is complete and ready for review and sign off.
* Clarifies and corrects any documentation under the direction of the provider.
Patient Care (5%):
* Primary patient care responsibilities - As directed by Center Manager:
* Assists patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
* Completes provider orders per clinical functions by position. (State applicable)
* Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all clinical assessments and procedures.
* Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
* Complete patient referrals daily.
* Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Center Readiness and Maintenance (3%) - As directed by the Center Manager:
* Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
* Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
* Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
* Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
* Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
* Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
* Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
* Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
Learning and Ongoing Education (2%):
* Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures, following policy and procedure guidelines.
* Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
* Maintain and update knowledge of Medical Terminology.
* Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
* Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
* Complete all assigned training.
* Maintain knowledge of EMR.
* Center Managers, Area Managers, Area Manager of Clinical Operations, Medical Operations, and Provider Scheduler.
* Center staffed based team-members including providers and non-providers.
* Administrative personnel in Operations and Medical Operations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 2 years clinical experience in related field such as a scribe or medical assistant preferred but not required.
* Minimum 3 months experience preferred in MedExpress Center as a Medical Assistant.
* Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements, and Patient Privacy Rule.
* Strong knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in business and clinical management settings.
* Demonstrate the skills and ability necessary to document patient care as dictated by the provider.
* Prior experience with employer health services preferred, but not required (ie. urine drug screens, breath alcohol, DOT physicals, etc.).
* Strong commitment to Customer Service and Excellence in healthcare.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
About the Organization
MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
* Competitive salaries and benefits
* Flexibility and balance
* Development opportunities
* Appreciation and recognition
* Community engagement
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion,