Posted in General Business 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:National Swine Nutrition Consultant
We are hiring a National Swine Nutrition Consultant to join our National Swine Team!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the largest Swine producers in the United States to sell nutrition and feed additives in a team selling environment.
- Provide nutritional and technical sales support to National Swine Sales Specialists and assigned end user accounts.
- Be the lead in nutrition and swine education for the sales team in a team selling environment.
- Participate with the tech team to develop, write, and support the implementation of research trials with the Purina Animal Nutrition and PMI Nutritional Additives, New Product Development Team.
- Be involved with creating and sharing new ideas and concepts that will change the paradigms of the swine industry, working to improve Purina Animal Nutrition image with commercial producers, the scientific community and swine industry.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and competency in nutrition, production management, and selling skills through recommended training and verified by sales results.
- PhD in swine nutrition or related discipline is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with large end user swine accounts, and allied companies.
- Enjoys and prefers working in the field with producers and sales teams.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the work week.
- A strong understanding of swine nutrition and formulation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be capable of building strong relationships and trust.
- Enjoys working with people and competing as a team.
- Self- motivated with excellent time management skills and plans for growth and opportunity.
- Strong leadership skills; customer focused; Action oriented.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.