Posted in Marketing 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by Professional Diversity Network, Inc
Type: Full Time
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps local, regional and national advertisers use the best of digital with the power of TV to grow their business. It provides multi-screen marketing solutions to make advertising campaigns more effective and easier to execute. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Effectv has a presence in 66 markets with nearly 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
We’re dedicated to helping our clients meet their business goals by connecting them with their customers through multiscreen television advertising. Working with companies from local startups to nationwide corporations, we provide support to help each business reach its target customers. By applying data to television advertising in new ways, we’re able to bring our clients the best of digital media, coupled with the power of TV. To learn more, check out www.effectv.
Effectv is looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intellectually curious individual to join our research team. This individual will partner with multiple teams of advertising sales and research professionals to compile and translate market research into insightful, compelling sales stories that strategically position the value of Effectv's suite of marketing solutions. He/she has the ability to translate complex findings into simple reports and presentations and understands advertising research data, standards, and practices. The successful candidate will be able to look beyond “what” an analysis shows with a strong desire to discover the “why”.
- Demonstrates proficiency in accurately compiling and analyzing large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information/data using appropriate software from all research tools that support Spotlight's suite of products, with a particular focus on assigned areas of expertise.
- Researches market conditions specific to area of focus to determine potential sales of a product and provides research on behalf of the customer.
- Identify and address complex issues (conflicting data, client objections, industry trends, etc.) and offer solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares and submits statistical reports, graphic illustrations of findings, and action plan recommendations to marketing sales management.
- Understands and practices various statistical concepts, research data, standards, and practices.
- Gathers data on competitors; analyzes and compares such competitive factors utilizing sales research tools, resources & methodology such as Strata, Kantar, Polk and Comscore.
- Applies proficient understanding of the selling process and strategic use of qualitative and quantitative research tools.
- Ability to find standard or custom solutions for current and potential customer key marketing challenges and having the ability to articulate those solutions to clients.
- Leverages core sales materials to customize support for strategic account planning and business development for key accounts with preparation of analyses and client materials.
- Conduct effective and comprehensive information searches as needed from research tools that support a client-focused approach to Spotlight's multi-screen product offerings for appropriate clients.
- Participates in the strategic account planning, key account meetings and participates in client calls to position research in markets for which they are responsible.
- Some travel required to sales offices.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams and department leadership to create research presentations and summaries.
- Assists Analysts in developing research skills.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Applications (Excel & PowerPoint);
- Background creating compelling stories that drive sales strategy using various sources of data.
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Curiosity and deep desire to learn.
- Experience with Digital Video / TV metrics and familiarity with how TV media buying works.
- Experience with R, MySQL, Looker, Python, or VBA a plus, but not required.
- Experience working with audience measurement tools (Nielsen, ComScore, Strata View, etc.) and/or syndicated data (Scarborough, Experian, Polk, Kantar, etc.) a plus.
- Understands fundamentals of media measurement, research and local cable advertising.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer