If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
As part of Enterprise Risk Management team, the Policy Governance Specialist supports the development and maintenance of Webster's Policy Governance Programs.
* Support Webster's Policy Governance Program development and implementation
* Identify opportunities for program enhancements
* Provide guidance and advisory services to policy owners throughout the policy lifecycle ensuring adherence to established policy standard
* Develop and maintain strong lines of communication with business leaders and key staff members
* Produce policy metrics and reporting to ensure timely and effective communication and escalation of policy issues
* Manage documentation and SharePoint sites as required
* Assist in the development and implementation of automated policy management technology solution
Experience & Skills
* A minimum of 3 years-experience related to the Policy Governance Specialist job function
* Highly organized and detail-oriented
* An analytical, critical-thinker that uses comprehensive information to make recommendations with confidence
* Self-motivated individual focused on continuous improvement in a changing environment
* Quick learner that is able to perform activities with a level of independence and autonomy
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to collaborate across various functions and levels of the organization
* Solid communication skills both written and oral
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while meeting established deadlines