Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Legal Support Assistant provides administrative support onsite at the client location in San Francisco. They shall possess a mastery of administrative skills, assume responsibility with minimal supervision, exercise initiative and judgment to make decisions within the scope of their assigned authority, and both champion and practice collaboration with all client staff and Epiq employees.
Regular and predictable attendance is a core requirement of this position.
• Anticipate and actively respond to job requests submitted by the client.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the firm's business and the nature of our work.
Accounting & Billing Functions
• Prepare cover letters and coordinate mailing/emailing client bills.
• Prepare and submit expense reimbursement diaries.
• Prepare, submit and follow up as necessary on check requests.
• Enter attorneys’ time on a daily basis.
• Pull monthly financial reports as needed.
Filing and Records Functions
• Responsible for new matter intake, including conflicts, as instructed by the client.
• Ensure client and administrative files and indexes are routinely maintained using firm software.
• Prepare filing instruction sheets, as needed, to ensure proper filing.
• Ensure timely updating of both electronic and hard copy files.
• Cull and prepare files for closing.
• Schedule meetings and appointments, and coordinate conference room and catering arrangements using firm systems.
• Submit Seminar & Sponsorship Approvals, CLE registrations.
• Coordinate payment of bar dues.
• Perform general office duties such as copying, scanning and coordination of mailings.
• Regularly update firm contacts.
• Coordinate audit letter process.
• Maintain confidentiality of client and firm matters.
• Work collaboratively with team members by assisting other client staff and Epiq employees on a regular basis.
• Actively seek work from and share workload of team.
• Demonstrate flexibility in responding to daily workflow demands.
• Work cooperatively with other departments and individuals in the firm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Core Competencies)
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the firm’s computer applications and document management system, including but not limited to MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), FileSite, etc.
• Display knowledge of legal terminology, legal documents and legal processes specific to the practice area(s) in which one works.
• Demonstrate the ability to use standard office equipment including photocopiers, fax machines, printers, and scanners.
• Listen, understand and respond appropriately.
• Demonstrate competency in both oral and written communications.
• Appropriately handle sensitive and confidential matters.
• Effectively organize time and tasks to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
• Prioritize work, seek direction with competing priorities and utilize team resources, as appropriate.
• Maintain acceptable attendance by reporting to work on time and minimizing unscheduled absences.
• Support firm mission, vision and values, and demonstrate a commitment to the firm and firm policies.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
• Show respect, courtesy and professionalism toward peers, clients, supervisors and others in the firm.
• High school diploma or equivalent; college a plus.
• Previous experience working in a law firm or large office environment preferred.
• Some computer experience, particularly with MS Office.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes - 40 lbs. maximum. Time spent packing, lifting or moving boxes depends upon number of requests made.
• Prolonged sitting and computer use are required.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.