Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Software engineer to integrate applications, incorporate physics models and algorithms in a Modeling & Simulation (M&S) environment. Emphasis will initially be on application development and integration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with MEI Mission Lifecycle Development Lab (MLDL) lead to develop software that supports systems engineering functions and integrates applications that support Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and a digital engineering environment. Assignments are ad hoc and varied. Modularization of algorithms and coding approaches will be significant in the work at times, interface development between different applications on others. Many of the applications with have APIs, however some will not and the ones that do often require initiative to make work as the APIs are not as mature or comprehensive as needed.
* Experience with C, C++, C# and/or scripting languages such as Perl and/or Python
* Be willing to multi-task and work on multiple projects
* Experience in multiple programming languages
* Motivated to learn new software tools and programming languages quickly
* Be creative and develop new analysis tools and or processes
* Be willing to present an example work/school/hobby project via PowerPoint for interview
Typical office environment, some walking, mostly sitting working on a computer. Not strenuous work.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.