Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Wisconsin Public Service, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an Operations Supervisor or Sr Operations Supervisor at our Green Bay location. The level of position being fill will be based on the experience the selected candidate brings.
The Operations Supervisor manages internal resources, external contracted resources and business applications/processes based on the need of the business unit. This includes (but not limited to) supervisory tasks in Electric Operations related to construction, design, planning, and scheduling. This position is responsible for overseeing the construction or maintenance activities related to the company s transmission and distribution infrastructure within an assigned area. The Operations Supervisor ensures that all customers needs are met in a safe, efficient and timely manner through the effective management/utilization of personnel, equipment, and materials.
* Plan, coordinate and conduct safety meetings to communicate safety requirements, updates and training required.
* Manage work assignments to minimize overtime and costs while maintaining optimal customer service.
* Motivate and engage employees to increase efficiency, productivity, availability, safety performance and core expectations.
* Evaluate performance, coach, develop and conduct annual performance reviews with individual employees.
* Good working knowledge of union contracts and employee relationship building.
* Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with employees, contractors, and community groups.
The Operations Supervisor/Sr Operations Supervisor may be rotated to other work areas/functions within Customer Operations in order to address workload demands, gain valuable experience, and to develop an understanding and appreciation for other parts of the organization.
* High School Diploma.
* 5+years experience in a distribution/construction operations trade and/or 5+ years experience in supervision of direct reports.
* Valid driver's license.
* Previous experience working at an Electric Utility.
* Previous experience working as a Line Apprentice/Line Journeyman.
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements