Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Business Development Manager
Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed freestanding behavioral health hospital offering psychiatric care for adults and adolescents. Centrally located in Littleton, the facility is easily accessible to families throughout the Front Range and just minutes from surrounding communities.
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager provides managerial oversight of the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service activities within the Marketing Department and reports directly to the Director of Business Development (DBD). He/she assists in the on-boarding and training of new business development team members as well as supports retention efforts. The Business Development Manager participates in the Account Management system, assessing the needs of the customer and making the required number of marketing contacts to each account, in order to develop and maintain a long-term referral relationship which will generate a continuous flow of admissions to meet hospital census objectives. He/she plans events, provides tours, performs referral source in-services, acts as a liaison between the Referral Source and the hospital, and seeks out new business development opportunities for the hospital.
Essential Job Duties:
* Provide direction, guidance, training and support to the marketing team; identify team marketing strengths and weaknesses; and implement measures to improve performance.
* Oversee the execution of monthly, seasonal and annual strategies by marketing representatives and evaluate results correspondingly.
* Assume overall responsibility for the planning and execution of the hospital s Lunch & Learn program.
* Coordinate all advertisement development with the DBD, including management of hospital social media accounts.
* Lead as well as support internal business development initiatives as assigned by DBD.
* Identifies the most appropriate potential new referral sources and new business development opportunities through research and analysis of the marketplace and develops effective plans to converts those potential customers/opportunities into business for the hospital.
* Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing representatives performance against market constraints and changes, and revise the marketing plan as appropriate.
* Define goals, objectives and programs in conjunction with the DBD for the marketing representatives, synchronizing these goals with the facility's overall business development goals and objectives.
* Execute weekly marketing team meetings to stimulate and encourage the team to reach the facility's business development goals.
* Keep the DBD fully informed of all personnel matters and other requirements for the smooth and
efficient functioning of the marketing team. * Contributes to the Quarterly Seasonal Plan by submitting to the Marketing Director a comprehensive report of the marketing plans for each target market for the upcoming quarter as assigned.
* Maintain attendance files for business development representatives, including approving hours weekly, managing PTO requests and sick days.
Account Management & Sales:
* Maintains knowledge of competitors within the marketplace. Knows their product lines and their strengths and weaknesses.
* Maintains knowledge of the status of UHS sister facilities within the Marketplace, including product-lines, strengths and weaknesses.
* Maintains a general understanding of the referral sources we target for our referral base, as well as specific knowledge of his/her individual accounts.
* Develops and maintains current knowledge of the payors (Insurance Companies, HMO s, MCO s, PPO s) within the market.
* Evaluate and prioritize referral sources by utilizing a Tier-based system derived from continual analysis of YTD Calls & Admission reports.
* Maintain a copy of all marketing representatives schedule of primary accounts including business, industry, EAPs, managed care clients, physicians/licensed practitioners and allied health professionals.
* Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of each of the hospital s programs and services, including the inpatient programs, outpatient programs, Psych ED and transportation services.
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the hospital s admission criteria and exclusionary criteria.
* Maintain referral admission records and statistics in order to support the preparation of business development reports and materials.
* Prepares MS-IV reports to track effectiveness of marketing representatives.
* Coach, teach and mentor marketing representatives on effective marketing and sales techniques.
* Coach, mentor and train marketing representatives by accompanying on sales calls, conducting ride alongs and providing them with feedback.
* Assist account managers with individual field activity plans and account list maintenance.
* Orient new marketing representatives to daily work activities and ensure they complete all tasks on the orientation checklist.
* Complete 30/60/90 day evaluations of new employees along with DBD.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral health area, marketing, communications, business administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Prior marketing experience and/or sales experience in a healthcare setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES WHAT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AN EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION SHOULD CURRENTLY POSSESS. THIS LIST MAY NOT BE COMPLETE FOR ALL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION.
* Advanced knowledge of key marketing concepts, methodology and strategic planning.
* Knowledge of leadership and management theories.
* Advanced knowledge of new and continuing marketing/sales account management.
* Knowledge of report preparation.
* Knowledge of general psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment principles and practices.
* Knowledge of key internal/external health care facility environments.
* Knowledge of computers and computer software programs.
* Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines.
* Skill in telephone etiquette and paging procedures.
* Skills in development and training workshops.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to generate, interpret, and communicate data from statistical reports.
* Ability to analyze market tendencies and project business developmental changing needs.
* Ability to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers.
* Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
* Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Ability to work as a team player.
* Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication.
* Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures.
* Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to the various patient age groups (adolescent, adult
and geriatric). * Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to meet corporate deadlines.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.