Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Avaya enables the mission critical, real-time communication applications of the world s most important operations. As a global leader in delivering superior communications experiences, Avaya offers a complete portfolio of software and services for contact center and unified communications offered on premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid. Today s digital world requires communications enablement, and no other company is better positioned to do this than Avaya. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com. Short Description
* Acts as an independent Avaya Cloud Engineer in support of creation and deployment of reference architecture designs to be consumed for global deployments of Avaya UC and CC solutions.
* Individual Contributor that designs, installs, configures, customizes, implements and documents solution elements.
* Deploys the reference solutions via Automation and fine-tune on an on-going basis. Uses VMware tools such as vSphere and vCenter for deployment.
* 5+ years of proven industry experience working with VMware, Microsoft, and Red Hat Linux solutions at design, installation, configuration and implementation level.
* Ability to support multiple initiatives at any given time.
* Provides management updates and reports on project responsibilities, progress, dependencies, risks and escalations.
* Ability to work independently and in the team environments as well as with discipline in a remote/home working environment.
* Willingness to travel on as needed basis (20% max).
* VMware Certification with preference on the Cloud Management and Automation Track or relative experience
* Microsoft MCSE certified or experience with Active Directory (including Federation Services), 2016 Server, and DNS installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
* Red Hat Linux Certified or experience with server installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
* Avaya unified communication and contact center experience at an application or solution level spanning multiple Avaya products.
* Core data networking and network management
* Security architecture and design - signaling and media encryption
* Proficient in Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Create and document Architecture Design Artifacts for the solution - Power Point for higher level design representation, technical Visio drawings, configuration detail, test plans in Excel and detailed descriptions in Microsoft Word.
B.S. or M.S in one or more of the following areas - Telecommunication Networks, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering Education
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Avaya is an Equal Opportunity employer and a U.S. Federal Contractor. Our commitment to equality is a core value of Avaya. All qualified applicants and employees receive equal treatment without consideration for race, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other protected characteristic. In general, positions at Avaya require the ability to communicate and use office technology effectively. Physical requirements may vary by assigned work location. This job brief/description is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts Avaya right to alter the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time for any reason.For Job Postings within European GDPR Countries you can access this document for additional Data Privacy Information: https://www.avaya.com/en/documents/gdpr-info-applicants.pdf
Avaya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Commitment to equal opportunity is an investment in our people and our future growth.