Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
Job Req ID: 5810 About Supermicro:
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
We seek a diligent individual to join the Sustainability/Environmental Compliance team. Working within the legal department, and reporting to the Sustainability Manager, you will participate in or lead a host of environmental compliance and "green" initiatives for both the corporation and its products. The Sustainability Specialist will identify environmental compliance affecting our products and operations, ensure we avoid hazardous or harmful substances, be a point person for customer and third party environmental compliance requests, and work to shape industry environmental practices.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Advance compliance along with other company departments on topics of: RoHS, REACH, WEEE/eWaste, CDP, CA Proposition 65, Conflict Minerals, Battery Regulations, and Energy Star Requirements, amongst others.
• Serve as point person with customers and third parties making environmental/sustainability compliance or data requests, including maintaining records and responses within existing company systems.
• Along with industry peers and stakeholders, monitor environmental compliance landscape and prepare company for new requirements and entry into new markets.
• Assist with operationalizing environmental compliance requirements across company departments and systems.
• Help introduce circular economy to company, including work with engineering and product development to utilize ecodesign/design for environment principles.
• Identify alternatives where product parts may contain hazardous or harmful substances.
• Prepare documents and register substances for environmental/sustainability compliance.
• Work with other staff, contractors and/or regulatory agencies in resolving violations of environmental regulation or permitting.
• Support or conduct environmental compliance audits at company or supplier facilities according to established policy and guidelines.
• Assist in articulating the company vision for sustainability and "green" computing.
• Initiate, plan, budget and manage company-wide sustainability initiatives or participation in multi-stakeholder initiatives.
• Identify and organization company involvement in product recycling and reuse programs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required- Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology or a related field is preferred.
• Multiple years of work experience in environmental compliance or green chemistry, and knowledge of circular economy and electronic industry materials.
• Prior knowledge/experience with EU RoHS, REACH, China RoHS, WEEE, CE mark and CA Proposition 65.
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws and initiatives covering GHGs, energy efficiency, green buildings, and waste diversion.
• Ability to interpret and operationalize compliance requirements.
• Adept at using new software, ability to utilize a variety of database systems, and comfort with all Microsoft Office programs.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to lead initiatives, coordinate internal and external stakeholders, and maintain positive interaction with customers and suppliers.
• Effective project management and organizational skills with a focus on results.
• Willingness to travel to other locations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced office setting and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)EEO Statement
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.