Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Do you have a good head for pulling together data and numbers? Do you thrive working with a varied amount of projects and a dynamic team environment? Are you organized and customer oriented? An exciting opportunity as an Estimator Trainee in Pasadena, TX may be the job for you!
Estimators are responsible for cost estimates for various electrical transmission, distribution, and/or substation construction projects. This position is an integral part of the electrical construction process and ensures the company's competitiveness, profitability, and growth. This is an entry level position.
Established in 1891, The L.E. Myers Co. is recognized as a premier electrical contractor of large utility construction projects across the nation.
Why should you apply to be an Estimator for The L.E. Myers Co.? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Estimator have excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance, a 401K and more! If you were to ask our Estimators across the country why they like working for The L.E. Myers Co, chances are they would say, whether you are a seasoned industry veteran or just starting out in your career, there's a place for you at The L.E. Myers Co. This diversity at all levels of our organization is the formula that builds stronger teams.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
The Estimator Trainee is an entry level position; the individual will be trained within the various tasks involved with cost estimation of projects consisting of electrical transmission, distribution, and substation construction. This position will be based in Pasadena, TX and will work projects within the South.
Duties: Under the supervision of the estimating team and management, the estimator trainee will be trained and be required to perform the following duties:
* Prepare complete cost estimates for electric unit distribution projects.
* Timely submission to the client in alliance with our living work schedule.
* Understand and monitor program of work to ensure estimates are completed prior to deadlines
* Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements
* Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation
* Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency
* Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders
* Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate
* Follow-up at the end of a project to close any loops in the estimating process to include invoicing and cost tracking
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
Estimator Job Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Management, or related or experience in the construction industry is highly desired
* Prior experience in electrical construction estimating is suggested but a willing to learn and be a self-starter is a must
* Candidate must possess ability to be detail oriented. These skills will be used in understanding blueprints, specifications, proposals, contract details and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services
* Proficient in Excel and MS Word
* Company is seeking candidates who have analytical, organizational, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Willingness to travel within the geographic contract area of Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
* Based out of our Pasadena office
Recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
Salary commensurate with entry level position.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.