Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
The position plays a central role verifying the overall quality of mission critical applications and systems. As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform as a QA Lead on projects from inception through implementation
* Document testing strategy, participate in test case construction, and provide cross functional QA Lead support for projects
* Perform black-box and white-box testing using exploratory testing techniques
* Proactively collaborate with business representatives and software engineers in analyzing use cases and requirements
* Perform all aspects of testing including writing test planning documentation, executing testing tasks, analyze test results and documenting defect
* Analyze application logic and write complete and reusable test cases
* Troubleshoot problems in application and system functionality and performance
* Research, evaluate and implement new testing tools and products
* Perform manual and ad-hoc testing of applications
* Document and describe tests and results
* Complete other tasks as required
Experience, Education and Skills
* 7+ years in a testing role
* Experience working in Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid environments
* Experience using SQL Server or Oracle
* Experience testing SAP products
* Knowledge of Microsoft related testing tools (TFS, Visual Studio, Test Manager)
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
* SDLC and test management tools: TFS, Git etc.
* System and networking fundamentals
* Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
* Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
* Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
* Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
* Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
* Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.