Posted in Engineering 1 day ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Dallas, Texas
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) has an opportunity for the right individual to lead and develop our regional transit team. This person will develop and maintain good client relationships with the technical and political leaders of the region's transit agencies, as well as other prospective municipal and regional clientele. The candidate selected for this position will work within LAN's Transportation Business Group to expand our transit practice in the Dallas Fort Worth region, as well as in support of broader companywide initiatives. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to grow their responsibilities well beyond the Dallas Fort Worth region. The position requires an individual focused on results-based service to clients, strong leadership and business development skills, a keen business sense, a history of managing transportation projects and a desire to mentor and develop staff and a management style that centers on leadership by example.
• Significant experience in the development of client relationships through the delivery of high quality and performance driven transit projects, including TxDOT, regional transit authorities and freight rail systems; design-build experience a requirement.
• History of successfully winning and managing work in the Dallas Fort Worth Area transportation design market.
• Strong consulting engineering understanding
• 15+ years industry experience matching the duties above mentioned
• Experience and ability to lead business development activities and, accordingly, must possess the ability to assess client needs/issues and strategize approaches and solutions.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation.
• Experience and desire to hire and mentor engineers.
• BS or MS in Civil Engineering or Urban and Regional Planning, Transportation Planning.
• Registered by the American Institute of Certified Planners or licensed as a Professional Engineer in State of Texas.