Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
• The SCADA Specialist will participate in, or be responsible for implementation of Wonderware Archestra projects related to new or modified KM Gulf Liquids terminal facilities. This work may include application configuration, application design, graphics development, and other activities in accordance with Kinder Morgan SCADA policies, procedures, and standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in the design and testing of Wonderware Archestra system.
• Implementation of Wonderware Archestra object, HMI graphics, reports and related applications while following existing Kinder Morgan standards.
• Participate in the analysis, review and design of Safe Chart (Cause and effect) drawing.
• Participate in a Factory Acceptance Test.
• Ensure that KM SCADA system procedures and standards are met.
• Provide, mentoring, guidance, training and support to junior level SCADA team members.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Experience / specific knowledge:
• 5 or more years direct work experience with Wonderware System Platform.
• Experience with writing script in Wonderware Archestra.
• Strong initiative with a strong desire to learn.
• Familiarity with IT and SCADA architectural standards.
• Ability to understand and apply Object Oriented methodologies.
• Highly proficient in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• SQL database experience.
• Strong background in process control fundamentals and detailed knowledge of process control theory. Oil & Gas process control experience is a plus.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Commitment to producing quality work through accuracy and thoroughness
• Exhibits strong leadership skills, inspires and motivates others to perform well.
• Able and willing to be considered for future leadership positions within the organization.
• Strong organizational and documentation skills.
• Must demonstrate excellent English-language skill, good written and verbal communication skill.
• Ability to learn new technology at a rapid pace.
• Very good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work procedures.
• Comply with the Kinder Morgan SQE culture (Safety, Quality & Environment).
• Majority of time will be spent at a workstation typing and using a mouse. (Significant repetitive motion with fingers)
• Ability to wear PPE to go into the terminal to troubleshoot PLC hardware and network. (Fire Retardant Clothing, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and hard hat)
• Standard office environment and hours.
• Must be available for an on call rotation schedule 24 hours a day Monday through Sunday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.