Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Technical Project Management Specialist III (serves as Trades Manager)
FUNCTION: Responsible for management of repair, maintenance and operations services provided by Facilities Management.
1. Develops, plans and implements goals and objectives for repair and maintenance activities.
2. Administers internal policies and procedures relating to repair and maintenance activities, interpreting and explaining applicable rules, laws, policies and procedures to supervisors and others.
3. Oversees and participates in the departmental work plan; monitors work flow and project/work order status; visits job sites to oversee the work in progress and provide needed direction.
4. Reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures; studies and recommends procedures and practices to improve operational efficiency and customer service; evaluates alternatives for performing needed work, including by contracting out services where appropriate.
5. Oversees the Tool Crib; monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, tools and equipment; participates in the evaluation and selection of materials, tools, equipment and contract services.
6. Attends relevant meetings; serves as departmental liaison to coordinate interdepartmental and intradepartmental administrative functions in functional areas of responsibility, as well as coordinating with the business community, other universities, and others on a regional and national basis, ensuring effective customer relations
7. Trains personnel as required.
8. Ensures that personnel are informed of and adhere to established health and safety practices associated with assigned tasks.
9. Executes special projects, researching and analyzing data, writing reports, and making recommendations to the Director
10. Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
Advertised Physical Requirements:
Supervision: Supervisor - Primary Role
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing