PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER
at NSG Glass North America, Inc.
Posted in Engineering 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Luckey, Ohio
- To instigate studies and actions to resolve technical problems, reduce waste and improve team performance.
- To monitor, together with team members, process performance to identify areas for improvement and coordinate and/or lead all corrective actions as necessary.
- To assist with electrical improvements through TPM, P.M., and Capital Expenditure Projects.
- To maintain/update electrical and site drawings thru the preferred CAD package.
- To assist in the commissioning of new plant and equipment and other systems to ensure that the introduction into the production facility is handled efficiently and within minimum disruption.
- Lead studies and actions to improve the efficiency of the plant facility service area and maintain plant assets.
- Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC programming
- Development and support of wareroom host computer system and other cold end control systems.
- Support and continuous improvement of all batch and hot end electrical and control systems
- To guarantee that process standards correspond to the plant’s objectives, costs and supply to meet the needs of the customer.
- Adherence to NSG/Pilkington Standards of Business Conduct and its Values and Principles.
- Provide on call technical support 24/7
- Some travel may be required, less than twice per year may be required.
- Initiating and following up on plant cost savings ideas
- Support for all plant safety initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC programming experience.
- Excellent communication and human relation skills. Also, well-developed interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills
- Good problem solving, must be analytical and detail-oriented
- Must be able to work independently and experience should demonstrate achievements supporting a results oriented focus and use of leadership skills.
- Self-Motivated Individual capable of multi-tasking and working well under pressure.
- 2-3 Years’ experience in a manufacturing facility. (Preferred)
See job description