Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Akron, Ohio
Requisition ID: 43630
Business Unit: Airframe Systems Akron Group (3005)
Akron, OH, United States, 44306
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East. Job Designation
This position has responsible for the overall Obsolescence efforts within the Braking Systems business unit. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of part and material obsolescence and the Obsolescence Management Policy defined by the Strategic Business Unit (SBU). Successful candidate will be a hands-on, active engineering who manages and directs cross functional teams where the resources are managed by Centers of Excellence managers to complete the work. Primary responsibility is to develop, implement and continuously improve the standards, policies and procedures for all work performed related to managing part/material obsolescence. Act as focal point of contact for everything related to electronic components, establishes KPIs and tracks progress. Job Core Responsibilities
Part approval process: Component selection, qualification and standardization:
* The scope of parts and materials ranges from purchased assembles, both electrical and mechanical, as well as electrical and mechanical components used in designs and all the associated compounds and accessories used in our designs (fasteners, connectors, seals, thermal pads, grease, gel, glue, thread locker, etc.)
* Single point of contact for all communication with components manufacturer within Braking Systems
Change Management EPCN handling:
* With the support of the Design Engineers, analyze the impact of the EPCN contents, for each identified LRU.
* BOM review check.
* Provide report status to customer.
* Working with supply chain and SIOP on excess obsolete component Inventories.
* Define and implement an Obsolescence Management Program (OMP).
Electronic Component Management Plan ECMP:
* Define, implement and maintain, in line with best practices and applicable standards (e.g. DO-254) an effective Electronic Component Management Plan in order to anticipate and mitigate obsolescence problems;
* Follow component lifecycle in database and issue preventive actions to avoid future component obsolescence problems;
* Follow the industry guidelines of IEC 62402:2007
* Point of contact for ECMP related issues with customers and specific project s needs;
* Follow evolution of international standards in this area through literature, conferences and workshops, and implement those in Braking Systems when appropriate;
* Maintain and enforce CFM (Component for Manufacturing)
Education : Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master s degree in engineering is preferred.
Years Experience : Minimum 10 years of engineering experience in the Aerospace component field.
* Minimum of one year of experience in management/leadership with demonstrated ability to lead a group of engineers, or large projects across the total product life cycle (R&T, NPI, Production, In-Service).
* Project Management experience - ability to manage internal/external (Customer/Supplier) interfaces.
* CI/Lean experience required.
* MPS Green Belt (completed or in-process) required.
* Strong emotional intelligence and ability to motivate others.
* Experience with engineering process and tool development.
* Policy deployment and strategy development experience desirable.
* Experience in working in a multi-cultural / diverse organization preferred.
* Change management facilitator - preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.