Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career as a BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECH II. Submit your application today!
Our colleagues come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met.
* Behavioral health
* Dental and vision
Retirement and Money
* HCA 401 (K) Plan
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flexible spending account
* Tuition reimbursement
* Student loan assistance
* Clinical certifications support
* HCA Healthcare Scholars Program
Time Away from Work
* Paid time off
* Paid family leave
* Short-term and long-term disability
THE MEDICAL CENTER OF AURORA is Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn two-time Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and is a 346-bed acute care hospital in Aurora, CO. The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campus in Aurora and Centennial, CO, including the Main Campus, North Campus (Behavioral Health and Wellness Center), Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch. The main campus is a level II trauma Facility with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Certification accreditation, serving the eastern metro area and I-70 corridor.
OUR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICE LINE:
* Adult Inpatient
* Adult Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
* Geriatric Inpatient
* Adolescent Inpatient
* Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
* HealthONE Crisis Assessment Team
THE MEDICAL CENTER OF AURORA
* Two-time Magnet(R) Recognition
* Level II Trauma Center
* Newly constructed patient care units
* All TMCA physicians are Board-certified or Board-eligible
* TMCA utilizes an Electronic Health Record
* TMCA is an HCA hospital; HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services
* Behavioral Health is the fastest growing service line within HCA
* Long history with the local Aurora community
* Diverse population supports rich clinical experiences
The BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN II is cognizant of and has concern for those factors that ensure a safe and effective environment for psychiatric patients. The Behavioral Health Technician II (BHT II) performs assigned tasks and activities according to skill level and patient needs as assessed by the Clinical Nurse Coordinator/Charge Nurse and/or Nurse Manager. In addition, the BHT II will have a basic understanding of the behaviors of the psychiatric patient and an ability to interact in a therapeutic manner. The BHT II will function as a member of the treatment team and accept responsibilities for specifically assigned duties such as patient observation rounds, suicide risk observation, management of the milieu, assisting with behavior modification programs and care of patient's daily activities and needs. The BHT II will conduct and document therapeutic groups daily. The BHT II will complete routine vital sign checks, orient the patient to the unit and search and catalog patient belongings. The BHT II demonstrates knowledge of regulatory laws as it relates to the care of the mentally ill. When the need arises, the BHT II will perform other duties as assigned.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY THAT PROVIDES SATISFACTION AND PERSONAL GROWTH, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY. WE PROMPTLY REVIEW ALL APPLICATIONS. IF YOU ARE HIGHLY QUALIFIED YOU WILL HEAR FROM ONE OF OUR MANAGERS. COME UNLOCK THE POSSIBILITIES AND APPLY TODAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* BLS-Healthcare provider through the American Heart Association.
* CPI certification within 1 month of hire and re-certification every 1 years thereafter
* Bachelors in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling and/or Lead Position or equivalent experience required.
* Two years of behavioral health experience preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members.
* Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Ability to maintain healthy personal boundaries, protecting the therapeutic integrity of the counselor-patient relationship.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.