Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by designing, delivering and servicing high value solutions at the heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems, into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets. SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150 countries.
If you enjoy a hands-on role where you can lead from the front, you are great at developing your team, you always keep safety at the forefront, and you are fanatic about providing exceptional customer service, this position offers you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience in a positive environment with a family-like atmosphere. As Service Center Manager you will lead the safe, efficient, and profitable operation of the Service Center in a role that is both operationally and commercially focused. In addition, you'll act as a liaison for correspondence and communication with customers. We are proactive about employee development, including cross-training, and once you find success in this role you will be in a great position to grow your career by branching out to other locations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Aftermarket Director of Operations, you will manage several direct reports and hold ultimate responsibility for customer service, quality, in-house operations, field service activities, inventory management, subcontracting, order management, safety, forecasting, budgeting, and expense control.
More specifically, you will:
* Lead and own safe work practices, shop cleanliness, quality compliance, and contractual compliance.
* Provide regular updates to Director, including weekly financial performance reporting, key performance indicators (KPIs), and personnel utilization.
* Address incoming questions and inquiries from customers.
* Provide guidance for the development of repair strategies for equipment with a goal to meet or exceed customer requirements.
* Develop, review, and approve quotations before being issued to customers.
* Make customer visits as required.
* Lead the Service Center team to maximize utilization and productivity through key OPEX initiatives.
* Lead monitoring and updating of the shop work in progress (WIP) document/tracker through weekly WIP meetings.
* Track, manage, and drive shop and field work to meet or exceed KPI production goals.
* Routinely perform safety and productivity inspections in the workshop ensuring tasks are in compliance with safety and quality procedures.
* Ensure that shop floor and field service personnel receive proper and regular safety training as scheduled by SPX Flow EH&S personnel.
* Lead and oversee EH&S based initiatives and audit activities.
* Manage the cross-training and development of shop floor & office personnel.
* Oversee the reconciliation and reporting of physical inventory and production data.
* Perform all tasks in accordance with SPX Flow's Business Conduct guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* The ability to:
* Lead a workshop and associated work crews to accomplish goals and objectives.
* Organize and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency.
* Lead and work as part of a team.
* Read and interpret drawings, as well as maintenance and repair manuals.
* A thorough and comprehensive knowledge of rotating equipment and/or positive displacement pumps including overhaul, installation and operation.
* Solid comprehension of welding and machining practices and standards.
* Excellent people and verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, SAP, Excel, Word, and PDF editors such as Adobe or Nuance.
* Strong interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and work across the organization.
* Experience in operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives is desired.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A two-year degree in Engineering and/or Business Management degree is preferred.
* 5+ years of service and/or sales experience in pumps, turbines, compressors, or other industrial equipment.
* 5+ years' experience in a field service, repair facility, and/or manufacturing environment; experience managing field and/or shop floor personnel is a plus.
* Experience with rotating equipment and industrial equipment repair.
* A strong understanding of machining, welding, and assembly processes and related equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
* Think all customer, all the time
* Embrace teamwork with no borders
* Be obsessed with being the best
* Own your actions
* Ask the hard question
* Do the right thing, always!
* Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX's business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.